Chapter Fifteen

Our minds tend to be everywhere when we are frustrated.

I looked everywhere and there was no sign of Aunt Zukia. I went to the garage and saw a car I didn't know of.

I looked at the address and noticed that I was in the wrong house. I rushed to my house and saw aunt Zukia drinking tea.

"Where have you been?" She asked.

"I-i thought,"I stuttered.

"Don't worry. I saw you running to a random house. What is his name."she laughed.

"There is no him. Goodnight." I said walking towards my room.

I heard a weird dream. In my dream, my dad was fighting with my mom about my "real dad". It wasn't clear enough. But my dad lost. Then my brother took my dad with and disappeared.

I woke up very late that day. It showed that my mom wasn't around. If she was. She would have woken me up before 10am.

I bathed and found aunt Zukia cleaning. I asked her to drop me off at the hospital and she did.

I got to the reception and saw Niki.

I walked towards him and he smiled and gave me hug. We sat together and had random conversations.

He made forget that I was in hospital to see my mom. I saw my mom's doctor and excused myself.

I asked the doctor about my mom's condition and she told me that she was doing very well.

"She woke up today morning." She smiled

I went to my mom's warden and saw "my real dad" smiling ear to ear with my mom.

I quickly walked back and he called me.

I rolled my eyes towards him and gave my mom a warm hug.

I sat next to her and she introduced "my real dad" as daddy Gary. I asked why isn't it uncle.

"This is your real dad baby." She said.

"How sure must I be? He once came to our house drunk. He hit my shoulder so hard at the funeral on my way to your car." I said.

"Gary why?" She smiled at him.

They locked eyes and I clapped my hands against Gary's eyes.

"Why did you make me believe that Benson is my dad?" I asked. It was my first time referring my dad as "Benson."

"Baby I didn't know as well." She said.

" I want a paternity."I said.

Gary agreed and we went to consult the doctor immediately.

The doctor took my DNA and so as Gary's.
He told us that the results would be ready within two days.

I was sure that he wasn't my dad. He looked like a street alcoholic. He wore ugly clothes and looked homeless.

"My dad or not. I am not moving in your life." I said.

He laughed and we headed to my mom's ward.

I called aunt Zukia to fetch me but Gary refused.

"I wont let my daughter sleep with a stranger."He said.

"Aunt Zukia is my mom's sister." I said.

"You are coming with me and I'm not going to argue with you." He yelled.

I was scared. He sounded so serious. We said our goodbyes to my mom. Then I followed him.

I thought we were going to catch a taxi but I was surprised when he led me to a Porsche Cayenne.

There was a Polo, a Porsche and an Isuzu van.
I thought we were going to the Isuzu. Until he opened the Porsche.

I was still standing by the Isuzu ready to open the door.

"Come darling" He said.

I walked to his car with a tail between my legs.
I was embarrassed because I couldn't even open the door.

He opened it for me and we drove off. It felt like he was driving 80km/h. But when I looked outside the window. We were actually flying.

"Is this not your boss's car?" I asked.

He laughed and said nothing.

We got to an estate full of castles. I found myself liking Gary. Maybe he was my dad.

A call came through his phone and he looked at who it was. He let it ring for seconds then he answered.

His phone was connected to the car's Bluetooth, so I could hear their conversation.

"Speak!" He yelled on the call.

"Uhm..sir. I'm sorry for delaying the results. They are out." The caller said.

"You should be! Now give me the results." He yelled again.

"Okay-si-irrrr." The caller stuttered. I could hear that he was scared.

I think Gary paid someone who worked at the lab to speed up the process. He really had money.

"You are...." the caller said.

I was petrified.....