Chapter Sixteen

Getting results is petrifying because you don't know what to expect.

At that point, I was ready to hear the results.
The caller continued "you are Anisa's real father."

Gary laughed with ease then he hung up the phone.

I thought maybe he payed them to fake results as well. But I didn't mind having him as my father. He was rich after all.

We stopped at a huge house. The gate opened it self. My eyes were running all over the yard. The drive from the gate to the garage was long.

It felt like an hour drive.

"Is this your house," I asked.

"No darling, it's our house."

I don't know how I felt, but I was mostly indulged.

We got off the car and he led the way into the house. He unlocked the door and I was amazed.

What I saw outside was nothing. There was a pool in the house.

"Is this a castle," I asked.

He smiled and led me to my room. It was so huge. Enormous like my house In Brooklyn.

I've only seen such in television. Was I dreaming?

I opened the closets and they were packed with clothes.

"Whose clothes are these?" I asked.

"Everything in this room belongs to the owner."he said leaving my bedroom.

I fitted all the garments and they all suited me.
Yes I did. I unpacked everything and fitted them all. Most girls would relate.

It didn't feel like home as yet.

I changed into my new nightwear then watched television in my room.

I fell asleep and went to bed. The bed was too comfortable compared to the one at my house. The blankets smelt of lavender and not sweat.

As I was about to close my eyes. I saw a gift bag. I woke up and checked what was inside.

It was an IPhone 11 pro max.

I wanted to go ask Gary who did it belong to. But I remembered that he said everything in the room belonged to the owner, which was me.

I opened the box and found a WiFi pin as well.
I switched on "my phone" then proceeded.
It was my first time touching an IPhone. Not just having it but touching it.

I read the instructions and got everything correct.
I transferred things I needed into my new phone through WhatsApp.

Then I posted "guess who has an IPhone." Then I succumbed to slumber.

I don't remember what time I woke up but it was in mid afternoon. I bathed for 20 min then walked downstairs.

I found breakfast ready.
I was indulged. Things I saw there were those I saw on magazines only.

I sat on the chair and amazed my stomach.

Gary then announced that my mom was being discharged meaning that we should fetch her.

I wanted to wash the dishes first but he told me to never ever again attempt to wash dishes.

I was shocked but happy at the same time.

We drove off to the hospital and found my mom waiting for us at the reception.

She signed out then we drove off.

As were driving. Police were following us.
I saw them and told Gary and he sped up.

The police sped behind us flashing lights but Gary didn't stop.

The next thing we...