Chapter Seventeen

Police are most people's fear. Some people die with shock because of being chased by police.

Panics stroke my body. My loud breaths was all I could hear. Smoke evaporated in the air from Gary's car.

I could feel pumps on my toes. I opened my eyes and noticed that we had bumped into a tree.

Police surrounded us.
One police came towards. " I am sorry sir," he said.

"Look what you made me do you fool," Gary yelled.

"We-we are sorry sir," one policeman said as they were running away.

I was confused.

Gary made a call. Then a car came to fetch us after two minutes.

We drove home quietly.

We got inside the house and everyone separated. Gary went to the kitchen to drink alcohol, my mom went to "their" bedroom and I headed to my room.

I entertained myself with my phone till it was battery low and I had to charge it.

The next morning I saw Gary drinking alcohol. He was messed up.
I asked if he was okay but he ignored me.

Again I found breakfast prepared. There was no way Gary made it.

He could barely move. His body was controlled by the expensive alcohol he was drinking.

He had more alcohol than dishes (cutlery included). He really loved alcohol. I guessed he was still hurt about what happened to his car.

I tried to calm him down by offering a massage but he ignored me.

My mom came to join us and both of us ate.

We finished and I went to sit in my room.
I watched television till I was very tired.

I was bored and I craved trouble that night.
I wanted to go out partying.
But I remembered that I didn't know anyone around.

I called Emy to ask where she was and as expected, she was at some club.

I asked her to send someone to fetch me and she did.

I sneaked out of the house wearing a mini dress with stilettos and a matching handbag. I got in the ride and the driver complimented me.

We got to the club and it wasn't packed as I had expected. I ordered few drinks and got tipsy.

I found myself dancing inside a circle. Then I had ten shots.

I was drunk by then. Someone then suggested a game "spin the bottle." I didn't know the game so I didn't join. It's then when I saw that someone had to spin the bottle and if the bottle landed horizontally within two people. They had to kiss.

I wasn't interested.

I told Emy that I had to go and she understood.
A cab took me home and when I arrived I tried opening the door but I couldn't.

I noticed that I had lost my keys. I slept outside.

"Wake up rat!" My mom shouted.

I had a headache. I was nauseous and wanted to puke.

My mom slapped me and I got sober at the spot.

She threw harsh words against me but I was used to it so they didn't actually hurt me.

I saw Gary sitting on the couch watching soccer and I greeted him.

He ignored me and I walked towards him. I could see disappointment written on his face.

"Gary! Gary! Gary!" I shouted.

"Deborah move your child next to me." He said.

"Those behaviors were inherited from you," My mom said.

They started to argue and it seemed childish.

"I am pregnant! You are making noise to my fetus!" I yelled. I think that came out wrong...