Chapter 8. Future plans

After eating and talking a lot, Genji took you to your secret hiding spot on the roof to watch the stars.
He had put pillows and blankets there to keep you comfortable and warm.
Cuddling up to his body you looked up at the full moon.

"Genji?"

"Yes (Y/N)?"

"I love you! I love you more than anything else in the world. I love you more than I probably ever got to loving somebody. You are the only person I care about right now...and I never want anything to happen to you."
You said as tears filled up your eyes.

"Don't be sad (Y/N)...you are scared that I will die like your parents did, aren't you?" He asked, whiping away your tears while holding you close.

"Yes, the events still haunt me. When I sleep I have these terrible nightmares...i don't want to lose you too, you are the only one I have right now besides Kumo."
You said as tears continued to roll down your cheeks.

"Nothing will happen to me (Y/N),
I promise "
he said, kissing your forehead.

The rest of the night went by pretty fast. It didn't took long for you to sleep in on the top of the roof in Genjis arms.

The next thing you remebered was waking up in Genjis arms, in his bed. He was in his pjamas that just consisted of boxers, he always slept shirtless.
You couldn't help but blush at the sight of his bare chest.
He must have carried you here, but what happened then...nothing, you still wore the dress Genji had given to you, he only took off your shoes and tucked you in.
You looked at Genji one last time, he was still sleeping deeply, so you decided to not wake him up and just sneak out.
But before doing so you gave him one last kiss on the lips.

You sneaked down the hallways into your own room to change into your work clothes.
As always, preparing the breakfast for the masters was your first task of the day.
All of a sudden the kitchen got silent, and all the maids started to bow down, so did you, that could only mean one thing.
Master Sojiro was in the room.

"Good morning master!" everyone said in unison.

"I would like to talk to you, (Y/N). Please follow me."
He said in his usual deep and dark voice with a stern look.
But you knew that Sojiro also had a soft side.
You watched as he told his sons stories, about dragons and fairytales. Around his sons he used to be soft and gentle, but now that they were grown up he was very strict with them.
Especially with Hanzo, since he would be the next clan leader.

"Yes master Sojiro!"
You exclaimed, following him while not looking him in the eyes.
Arriving at Sojiros office he asked you to take a seat.

"(Y/N)...I know this will be a hard topic for you....but the elders of my clan want you to marry my oldest son Hanzo."
He sad coldly only a slight bit of sorrow was seen on his face.

"B-but I do not love Hanzo, I do not want to marry him!"
You said upset.

So what Genji had said to you was really true. He had told you about the elders of the clan before, they were cruel, manipulative and only looked after their own interests.
Genji had told you that the elders would even kill to get what they want. You started to get scared.

"B-but they can't just marry me to Hanzo without my will."
You stuttered, trying to get out of this situation.

"(Y/N)...I have noticed that you developed a liking for my younger son Genji...and that's why you don't want to marry Hanzo. And I understand that, I would be happy if you married just one of my sons...but the elders think we will highly profit from this marriage...they will do everything to make it happen..."
he said in a sad tone.

"What would they even have from this marriage?"

"Well...we know about your little secret with the demon Kumo..."

"What?! How I always was hiding him."
You jumped in fear of what would happen to Kumo now.

"Don't worry we wont take him away from you, not like we ever could because your souls are connected to each other."
He said while leaning back in his chair.
"The day you parents were assasinated, I sent some servants of mine to discuss buisness with them. They sadly were too late, and only saw you run away...I think the rest should be clear to you...after they saw what happened to your parents and how the demon Kumo appeared in front of you they came back and told the elders everything they saw." He waited for your response, but you didn't know what to say. You were just shocked.

"That you are here living with us now wasn't planned if that's what you're thinking now. That you're with us now was only the choice of your uncle."

"You still haven't answered my question! What would be the purpose of this marriage?"

"The elders believe that the power of the spirit dragon and the demon Kumo combined would make the ultimate power to rule an empire. That's why."
He simply answered.

"I just wanted to tell you this, what you do with this information is your thing to decide. You can go now, and continue with you chores."
With these words he gestured you to get up, you left the office and continued preparing breakfast with the others.

You had decided it may be better to keep your distance from Genji, even if it would be painful and hard, you wanted to protect him.
You wanted to keep him safe.
You truly loved Genji with all your heart and this decision was one of the hardest in your whole life, but you wanted to make shure nothing would happen to him.
This was the only thing you could do for him.
A single tear rolled down your cheeks, as you thought about not being able to have Genji this close anymore. But you knew it was only for his best.

You wanted to protect Genji so nothing would ever happen to him.