Chapter 27. Dangerous

The red eye of the omnic stared down at you, feeling its gaze on your body made you shiver. You felt uneasy and scared, your body was stiff and you felt as if you couldnt move even a single inch.

"(Y/N)?!" You heard Tracer screaming. The omnic pointed its laser directly at you, but before you were hurt, you felt your body being slammed down onto the cold  bricks of the street.

It was Tracer that saved you, she had pushed you to the side with her own body and was now on top of you.
Feeling the weight of her body on yours made you realize what just happened.

"Fuck" you mumbled, embarrassed and angry at yourself for not being able to react.

"You should be more careful love!" Tracer said in her british accent, reaching her hand out to you, and pulling you up.

"Thank you." You huffed.

"Now how are we going to beat this thing?" Winston asked, his deep voice pulling you out of your trance fully.

"Maybe the legs are the weakest point?!" Tracer guessed.

The team knew that there wouldnt be much time until the giant omnic would charge up another to shoot at you. All of you had to act fast. 

You tried to come up with a plan to beat the damn thing, but you just didnt know how. The team had never encountered a omnic that big. All of you were terrified and in shock, knowing that this fight would probably be more than just hopeless.

The team decided to risk it all and follow Tragers guess of the legs being the weakest part. You all hoped that you would find a weak point on the omnic while someone would distract it.
That someone was of course Tracer cause she was the fastest, the others would shoot at the omnic, watching out to not hit Tracer.
Your plan was set, now it just had to be executed.

Tracer started blinking forward to the omnic, and started running around it in big circles. This plan was more than risky, Tracer woukd run out of energy at some point, and if the omnic wouldnt be beat by then she would be in great danger.

"Lets shoot on its legs!!" Sojourn screamed. 

All of you began shooting, even Mercy used her pistol. The loud bangs of the guns made you think back to the old days on the battlefield, but you couldnt get distracted now.
All of you were focused, but your guns seemed to do nothing. You began to lose hope, as no one of you gave up on shooting at it.
But it was worthless, there was no weak spot on the omnic, at least not one that you saw.

You threw the empty magazine of your machine gun to the ground, sliding in a new full one into the gun. You didnt wanted to stop, even though you knew you had lost this fight. 

The Shimadas had always said that they fight for their honour, your uncle used to say that when the battlefield calls him and his teammates need him he needs to follow their calls, but right now your only motive was to keep the whole team safe. 
You didnt wanted to lose a family again, and you were determined to protect them to your last breath.

You saw that Tracer couldnt run any longer, she struggled to keep on running.
You knew that you had to help her before it would be too late.

Everything went by so fast, but for you ait was like as if it was in slow motion. You saw the omnic charging up its laser, the bright glow stunning you for a moment. The laser was directly pointed at Tracer, and you knew that there was no way she would survive being hit by it.

You stopped thinking about what you were about to do and just started to help, you were filled with adrenaline. You started running towards her.
Tracer tried to catch her breath and rested her arms on her knees She was obviously struggling to keep standing, which made you even more worried.

And then you reached her. The bright red and white light filled your eyes, your Vision went blurry. The last things you knew were that you kicked Tracer out of the way harshly, you heard the others scream out your name, but their screams slowly became inaudible to you.
Pain was stinging through your whole body. It felt as if your insides were burning.
You didnt know what was happening to you, just that it was extremly painful. You thought about Genji and how you wanted to see him again, but for some reason you couldnt move your body.
You tried to run away but you legs felt like they were in concrete, you wanted to call out for Kumo, but couldnt open your mouth. 

Then everything went black. Darkness overtook your vision. A sharp pain impacted your body, you wanted to scream, you were sure that you screamed, but everything was silent. It felt like you were trapped in a dark void, with no light and no sound.

The only thing you wished for in that moment was to see Genji again, even if it would only be for a split second.

The last thing you felt was tears running down your face and the hard ground. 
After you felt nothing.