Chapter 23. Reunion

"This cant be I saw how you died!" You trembled, looking at Genji. Unsure if you should be happy or scared to see him..

In that moment you noticed that he was the cute stranger you  watched training with training with Jesse.
You looked at Genjis body, his face was covered with metal, only his red eyes werent covered, his black hair was sticking out at the top. Genjis legs and right arm were gone and replaced by black and red prostethics. Tubes were connected to his body.

Genji noticed you staring at his body, and completely misinterpreted it.
"You hate my body dont you?! I shouldnt have com-" he wanted to say but was cut off by you hugging him tightly.
Feeling his warm body on yours you knew that he was real.

"Its really you Genji..." you whispered as tears of joy started rolling down your face.
After hesitating a bit Genji hugged back tightly wrapping his muscular arms around your waist, not letting go of you. 
He laid his head on your shoulder, inhaling your scent that he missed for so long.

"I missed you so much (Y/N)" he quietly said.
"I missed you too Genji." You pulled away, putting your hands on the sides of his face, looking into his eyes deeply.
"I thought I would never see you again, why didnt you tell me that you are still alive?!"

"The omnium spread fake news that said that you died after running away. I believed it...and then Angela told me that you are here,but I was scared..."

"Why should you bw scared?" You were confused.

"I was scared of what you would think about my body. I feel as if Im not human anymore with all these cybernetic parts.  I just cant accept myself like this, and I thought you would feel the same way." He said looking away, feeling ashamed of himself. 

"I could never stop loving you!" You said hugging him again.

"Maybe  we should go iniside...you are shaking and I dont want you to get sick" he said.

The two of you walked inside, sitting down in the empty community room.
You sat on the big couch next to Genji,  unshure of what to do next.

Genji took off his jacket, that he was wearing the whole time.
"Here this should keep you warm." He said, laying the jacket over you like a blanket.
"Thank you" you quietly said. 
You looked at him, getting flustered by his now exposed and nacked chest.
You felt your face and lower area heat up, longing to feel his touch.

"Im so sorry..." He whispered, his voice full of guilt.

"Sorry for what?" You were confused. 

"I broke my promise of prorecting and never leaving you. Because of me you were tortured and used as a weapon. Im just so sorry you had to go through all of this....This is all my fault" he said as tears filled his eyes. 

"No its not! Its no ones fault! Im just happy that I can finally hold you in my arms again. Youre alive Genji! Thats everything to me!" You were in his face.
"Please never blame yourself again, because its not true. You cant change what happfned in the past, so lets make a better future." You said grabbing his hands.

"I wont let something like this ever happen to you again (Y/N)!" He said, putting his hands on the sides of your face.

Feeling the warmth of his real hand calmed you, you closed your eyes, just enjoying his company. You still couldnt believe that it was really him, and not just a dream. Over and over you thought 'I will wake up tomorrow snd he will be gone, I know it...' but he didn't leave you this time.

"How is this even possible?!" You asked, unsure of how he could even be alive. 

"Angela saved me after Hanzo killed me, she had to rebuilt my body otherwise I would have died.   They offered me to join so I could take revenge on the clan...and now here I am." He explained.

"You really want revenge?" You asked, knowing that Hanzo was clearly manipulated. You still hated him for what he did, but deep down inside you knew it wasnt his fault.
You decided to not tell him what to do, since he was an adult and could decide on his own.

"So...will you stay?" He asked.

"I dont know, Im only 17 and you have to be 18 to join Overwatch...Morrison doesnt know what to do yet. Until he knows how to solve this problem I will stay and do chores around the base." You explained.

It felt different but also so familiar sitting beside Genji. You looked into his eyes.
"If I cant stay, I dont know where to go. This is the only place Im safe from the omnium. They are searching for me...and by being here everyone is also in danger. I just dont know what to do..."

"No matter what I will protect you!" He said determined.

You hesitated, knowing that he miserably failed to do so for a year. He couldnt protect himself, and you knew that you didnt need anyone to protect you at this point. After all you had a demon on your side and were always ready to kill your enemies.
"...Thank you" was everything you said.

The two of you continued to sit on the couch in awkward silence. 'This is just weird...' you thought to yourself.
You thought that he was dead all that time, and now you just didnt know in which point of the relationship the two of you were. 

There was one thing you knew for sure, you wanted him. But did he still want you?