Chapter 29. Without you

(No ones POV!)

Days, weeks and then a month went by in the Overwatch base, while everyone was still hoping for your return.
But you never came back, and after a month everyone started to lose hope.

The base wasnt the same without you, it once felt warm and welcoming but now it was just cold and sad.
It was hard for Genji to accent that you werent going to come back. He couldnt sleep without you by his side, so he just cried all night. He felt guilty and thought that it was his fault that you had died. He tried to distract himself by training all day and sometimes all night.
Angela was more than just worried about him. She told him over and over again that his current lifestyle wasnt healthy. But he didnt listen nor did he care, he felt numb and useless.
He felt as if there was no place on this earth for him, not without you. Without you he felt lost.
But Angela still believed that someone could help Genji. She told him about the omnic monks in Nepal, and after she talked to him about it over and over again, he eventually accepted.

Two months went by, and there was still no sign of you that showed that you were still alive, so Commander Morrison decided it would be best to say goodbye to you.
Everyone was dressed up in all black, their faces looked sad, some of the Overwatch agents were crying and some of them just stood there at staring at the cold stone, that had your name on it.

"(Y/N) was a great women, she thought for the safety of our world until the very end. (Y/N) was a true hero, and we all should feel honored to call her our teammate and friend. " Sojiurn started but was interrupted by tears forming in her eyes.
"On that fateful day, a hero died and the world will be a different place without her. We all can think about what we should have done different, but in the end we cant change it. The only thing we can do for (Y/N) now is to never forget her and what she did for this world. She sacrificed herself to make this world a better place, so lets honor her for that!" Sojourn ended her sad speech. Some of the members clapped silently, while others just sobbed.

Sojourn made room for Genji that was now looking at the gravestone. On it was written
'Our beloved teammate (Y/N) (L/N), She lived with honor and died with glory'. A few of his tears hit the cold stone, before he turned facing the Overwatch members.

"(Y/N) was everything to me, and I still cant believe that I will never hold her in my arms again, that I will never kiss her again. I just cant believe that shes gone now for real. I know (Y/N) since we were little children. When I saw her for tge first time I couldnt even find words to describe her beauty, she was the prettiest girl I have ever seen. She was my best friend, my crush, my lover and my soulmate. I cant even put into words how much it hurts me that my soulmate is no longer with me.
When I found out that she was still alive after she was safed from the omnium, I started taking her for granted. There are so many things that I should have done differently, I should have listened to her more, express how much I Love her and I should have been more there for her, but in the end its just like Sojourn said. It doesnt matter now, sadly I cant turn back time. There were so many things that I still wanted to do with her, she was the women I wanted to marry and have kids with, and now shes gone. Its more than just a shame that she died at such a jung age, she was only 19 and had her whole life ahead of her, so lets never forget what she has done for us and the world!" Genji said as tears rolled down his face.
He looked up at the sky and whispered,
"I love you (Y/N), and I always will"

A/N

I hope you are still enjoying the story so far. Dont worry it wont end yet, but its coming near the end. Thank you for supporting me!💕