Chapter 35. What the future may hold

The seasons passed by quick, and to you it felt as if winter was just a few weeks ago, now that it was summer.
Over the last few months you travelled the world, mainly for the sake of killing people for your job of being a assasin, but it would be a lie to say that you didnt enjoy travelling.

Right now you were at the beach in Puerto Lobos in Mexico. You just assasinated a man of the onium, Wilbert Hughes, he was in Puerto Lobos for his vacation. You had surprised him in his holiday home, a place he felt safe. 

But there was no weird in his home, a DVD. Not only was it weird that he had a DVD since they were really olfschool and no one used them anymore now that there were holograms, bjt there was something weird written on it.
'(Y/N): toture session III'

What sounded like a weird oldschool film was in fact a 5 hour recording of you being tortured. You were lucky that your hotel room had quite the old furniture with a old TV that wasnt just a hologram and a DVD player. Not wanting to watch the whole thing you just watched the first five minutes, and that was already enough for you.

"Those people are disgusting. Not only did they torture me, they also had to record it?!" You were disgusted by the omnium. 

"Thats just awful." Kumo muttered staring at the screen.

You remebered that particular torture session pretty vividly, and knowing what would happen next you turned the TV off not wanting to relive those painful memories of yours.

"Lets go and enjoy our last day in Puerto Lobos Kumo, what do you think about going to the beach?" You asked as you packed up all your things.

It was too dangerous to stay at one place, especially after an assasination. You were scared to omnium would find you some day, so you always continued travelling.  It felt weird living without a permanent home, but after a year of living that way you got used to it.

You earned quite a lot of money and saw so many loves in the world.  Although you enjoyed your lifestyle, you still were longing for a reunion with your family that
once was Overwatch.
You always hoped that you would accidentally meet Genji one day since he was travelling the world too, but you never saw him again since the failed mission.

You sighed as you hid the katana  in one of the bags, and then grabbed your fake passport looking at it.
From the momey that you had earned from your first assasin jobs  you bought a new ID and Passport, they were fake but pretty well made. You were lucky that your firm had connections all around the world that made it easy for you to travel anywhere fast, smuggle weapons and give you important informations no matter where you were.

After being done packing your things you went to the beach one last time before leaving.  Looking at the sunset Kumo asked you,
"For how long are you planning on living like this?"

"I dont know. I guess I will either stop when I meet someone from Overwatch or if I get sick of killing people..." you answered taking a sip of your cocktail.
"Lets just see what the future may hold for us, we will see..." you said as you continued staring at the beautiful red sky as it seemed as if the sun was disappearing in the ocean.

MEANWHILE
(No ones POV!)

Genji and Mccree met at the watchpoint one last time, knowing that they wouldnt see each other for a very long time.

"Yer look good Genji!" The cowboy said, his accent thick as usual. But his appearance had changed.  He grew quite a full beard and now wore a red piece of cloth over his shoulders.

But also the cyborg had Changed.  He now was wearing a full cyberbetic suit, even his eyes were covered by a strip of green light.

"Thank you Mccree, master Zenyatta really helped me accept myself. But I do have I say, you also look quite good." He responded, happy to see his dear friend.

They both sat down on the roof of the building that was once the watchpoint Gibraltar.
The let their legs dangle down and watched as the sun set.
The sea was calm and the sun tinted it read and yellow, creating a breathtaking view. 

"Its sad that Overwatch really yeed its last haw..." The cowboy said, finally breaking the silence that was getting uncomfortable.

"Yeah...I just cant understand the people...the omnic crisis may be over, but what if they attack again? Who will be there to protect them if its not us?" Genji responded, still shocked that Overwatch was really illegal now.

"Well...sometimes people dont know what they really need until its too late. At least we can live quite the free live now. So, what have you been up to,partner?" He said winking at Genji when he said the last part. 

"I have travelled around the world, seing beautiful places. But sometimes...I still cant believe that (Y/N) is really never coming back, sometimes I feel as If I can see her face walking passed me....but I must just imagine that." He said looking down.
Jesses smile was replaced by a frown when your name was mentioned.
The thought of you being dead still hurt them deeply, even though they wouldnt admit it.

"Someday we will be reunited with her..." Genji finally said, and it was right. 
He just didnt know that the reunion wouldnt be in heaven.