Chapter 22. Nightmares

After Jesse and you were done training, the two of you went to the community room of the base were everyone could meet up to talk, play games or watch movies. Both of you sat down on the big couch to play some video games.
The two of you played for hours and you were so concentrated on gaming that you didnt noticed that someone entered the room.
But Jesse noticed, the person that had entered the room was his teammate Genji.

Genji could only see your back, but could immediately tell that it was you.
He looked at all your features closely, as if he was making sure that it was really you and not just a ghost or a hallucination.
He knew it was you, and there was nothing more that he wanted other than hold you in his arms tightly, but he held back.
Genji was scared, he didnt knew how you would react, would you still love him the same.

Because of these thoughts he decided it would be better being a coward, and left as silently as he entered. Regretting not having the strengh to talk to you.
Genji was angry at himself.
Angry that he broke his promisse of protecting you.
Angry that he left you alone, he though that it was his fault that you had to go through all of this.
He went into the training room to let out his anger, punching the punching bag for hours, until his real hand bled.

The day turned into night and Jesse and yiu decided that it would be time to go to bed.
Entering your room you saw that Kumo was watching television on the Tv that was in your room.

"Hey Kumo, what have you been up to the whole day?"you asked sitting down next to him.
He was in his favourite form, laying down on the couch in the form of a cat.

"I just watched television the whole day and ate chips." He said, stuffing his mouth with a handfull of chips.

"Well thats not very healthy."

"Im a spirit, I cant get fat nor die. So I dont care. I eat at all times, when Im happy, sad or just hungry. Well how was your day
(Y/N)?"

"It was pretty nice, removing the cybernetic parts wasnt as painful as I had thought and training with Mccree was pretty fun." You answered.

"Oh...hes a nice dude expect, his accent is a bit too much for me to handle." Kumo said, not even taking his eyes off the Tv once.

"Whatever, Im going to sleep now." You said, while walking to the bathroom to get ready.

The two of you hugged each other tightly, and soon fell into a deep sleep.

Only a few minutes later you stepped out of your bed. Your bare feet feeling the tatami mats, the cold wind touching your exposed legs and face.
Everything was dark, you were alone.
There was nothing but silence, which scared you.
You already knew what was going to happen. After all, it was always the same.
You stepped out of the room, walking over the hard tatami mats, passing through the long hallways of the shimada castle.
Dead sparrows were scattered all over the floor, kilked by arrows that piereced through their bodies.
You were freezing from the cold wind of the night, only wearing the thin nightgown to warm you, but nontheless you never stopped walking.
You knew what was going to expect you behind the gates to the great hall.
Walking in you kept your eyes on the ceiling, staring at the big dragon painting which was better than looking at the dead body of the love of your life.
But you knew that you had to, otherwise the nightmare wouldnt end.
Slowly looking down to the floor, there was a big puddle of blood but no dead body to be seen.
Suddenly something grabbed you from behind roughly.
You wanted to scream, but couldnt open your mouth.
"you can run as fast and as far as you want. You can cross as many counties as you want, we will always find you. You can hide but we will still find you. It is hopeless, you cant escape us, so dont even bother trying. Because if you do, you will regret it, death will follow you like a curse, and you will suffer, I guarantee you that." Was whispered into your ears, it was Valentine, you immediately knew that it was him.
You felt a sharp pain pierce throughout body, looking down at yourself you saw all the open wounds on your legs and arms. Cuts and bruises were scattered all over them.
You felt as if you couldnt stand anymore from all the pain you felt, but someone kept holding you from behind tightly.
You just wished that Genji would be there to save you, like he always used to.

You woke up panting, gasping for air. You needed to get out, breathe in fresh air.
Walking outon the balkony you looked at the stars, and the sea of Gibraltar.
Taking deep breaths, breathing in the cold air of the night.
You heard someone stepping onto the balkony behind you, but decided not to bother turning around, thinking it would just be Jesse.
"(Y/N)?" Someone asked.
You knew that it wasnt Jesse, that someone didnt had a country accent and said your name the Japanese way.
You knew who it was, recognizing the voice of Genji.
"This isnt real, hes dead, its just a dream." You said to yourself, slowly.

"B-but youre dead..." was everything you could say before breaking out in tears. As you looked into Genjis red eyes with your (e/c) ones.
"Im not..." he said silently, hesitating a bit to come closer to you.
In that moment you just couldnt believe your eyes.

A/N
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has been reading my story until now. I appreciate everyone of you guys! Thank you so much! ❤
Also I wish you all a happy new year🎆✨🎇