Chapter 42. If the world was ending

"I fucked up (Y/N)..." he said quietly in a shaky voice.

"I dont understand Genji..." you said, lifting up his chin so he would look you in the eyes.
"You did nothing wrong babe." You said cupping his cheeks.

"I did...over and over again, he said as his wet eyes were reflected in yours.
"I couldnt protect you...ever " he said, hugging you tightly and crying onto your shoulder.
"Im so sorry (Y/N)..." he hiccuped.

"Its ok Genji, Im fine." You said stroking his black and silky hair.

"No its not, I watched the tape. I dont believe that you are fine!" He exclaimed, as tears formed in his eyes.

"Im sorry you had to watch that..." you said a bit embarrassed, knowing that there were some emarrassing parts on those tapes.
"Till where did you watch...?" You asked embarrassed.

"Are you talking about the part where you... you know....watered yourself...?" He asked hesitantly.

"You saw that..." you asked embarrassed.

"Hey, theres no need to be embarrassed about that, we all know that you were scared." He said cupping your cheeks.

"Its still embarassing tho...I didnt want you to see me like this, I never wanted you to see me weak." You stutered.

"Its ok (Y/N), I dont think you are weak. More like the opposite, I think you are very strong, you escaped fron there all by yourself and lived alone for years until you joined the military. You defended our land and never gave up hope, and I respect you for that (Y/N)." He said as his deep brown eyes looked into yours.

How he looked at you made you feel warm inside, and you felt as if you were melting away slowly.

"Well...Im done." You said, trying to distract from the current topic that was very unpleasent to you.
"Was that what you wanted to talk about?" You asked, letting go of his hand that was now neatly wrapped in bandages.

"No.....lets go somewhere else for that." He said, he looked nervous and blushed a bit, which made you wonder what he wanted to talk about.

You followed him outside the doctors office to the big balcony. Neither of you said anything, making the tension even worse. You were nervous, and so was Genji, you could feel it. He wanted to talk about something that was very important to him, and that made him very nervous.

He fiddled around with something in his pocket, but tried to hide whatever was in there.

Arriving at the balcony, the view was breathtaking. You had always loved to see how the sun met with the sea of Gibraltar when it was setting. It was almost like a kiss, that melted the sun and sea together, eveything was tinted in a soft red, even Genjis face which made him look very handsome.
You looked up at him, and he looked at you with an Depression full of love, but you could also see a hint of doubt.

"I honestly dont really know how to begin (Y/N)..." he said nervously looking down.

"Just relax Genji, and then let it all out." You said with a gentle smile.

And then suddenly he got down on one knee...

...but it wasnt quite like a proposal, more like knight kneeling down in front of his qeen. His hands were placed in the air, making it look as if he was holding a invisible sword.

"G-genji...." You muttered but were interrupted by Genji who started to talk.

"(Y/N)...You were always my queen...and there was nothing that I wanted more than to be your knight in shining armour..." he took a deep breath before continuing.
"I failed more than one time, and I am aware of the fact that I dont deserve being by your side...but I love you and I will do everything to keep you by my side, even if that means that I need to train day and night to finally be able to protect you. But I swore myself to never let you get taken away by the omnium ever again!"

"Oh Genji...you dont need to protect me, you just need to stayby my side, thats everything I need you to do. Besides if you train day and night who am I supposed to have sex with then? Jesse?" You said jokingly.

"...I am just really sorry, I wanted to be strong, but was nothing but weak. I couldnt protect you nor my honor, and all though I have made peace with the past, my brother almost killed me, and I couldnt even defend myself...I left you alone...Im sorry (Y/N)." He said, standing up again.

"And I left you...But its ok, because in the end we always found each other again." You said, as you pulled him into a hug.

"Do you still remember that one time when we were still kids, when you asked me where I would like to ve when the world was ending?" He asked.

You nodded.

Flashback to when you were about 14 years old.

Genji and you sat on the roof of the Shimada castle, looking up at the stars that shone bright that night. The moon was full and lit up the sky, creating a peaceful atmosphere.

You were in Genjis arms, feeling the warmth of his body, that kept you warm in this cold night.
And then suddenly you looked up at him, staring into his deep brown eyes, and asked.

"Hey Genji, if the world was ending right now, where would you like to be?"

"Uuuuuhhhhm....i dont know." He said scratching the back of his neck while looking away from you. You couldnt see that he was blushing out of embarrassement, deep inside of him, he knew where he would like to be.

"Where would you be?" He asked.

"Mhhh...maybe I will tell you another time, Im tired." You said as you walked inside, hiding that you were blushing.

Reaching your room, you closed the door and let yourself fall down on the bed. You burried your face in the pillow, hiding your wide smile and blush.

Flashback over

"I lied (Y/N)...back then, and now, I exactly knew where I would be..." he said as he held you in his strong arms tightly.

"Where?" You asked.

"Right here, with you" his lips touched yours softly.
"I just was too nervous to tell you...I always loved you (Y/N), I just never admitted it."

"And I never told you my answer...because just like you I didnt wanted to admit it, but I always knew that I would like to spend my last moments on earth with you, so please never leave me ever again." You said as you hugged his big frame tighter and tighter.

"I dont plan on leaving you (Y/N), and thats why I wiuld like to ask you if you would like to..."

A/N

Hey guys,
Im sorry for the cliffhanger...but I just had to😅😂
I just wanted to thank everyone for the support and all the awesome comments I have been getting.

💕❤❤Thank you ❤❤💕

(Also this chapter was inspired by the song "if the the world was ending" by jp Saxe and Julia Michaels 😊)

I hope you liked this chapter!💕