Chapter 34. The petras act

After a long day on the road Kumo and you had to stop by the nearest town. The car ran out of gas, and of course you didnt had any money, so you decided to tramp a bit.

You sat in a little diner, looking up at the tv, and what you saw was terrifying.
"Why would anyone want this?!" You whispered to Kumo.

"Sometimes people are blind and only realize what they have lost when they need it..." he answered, being just as shocked as you were.

The petras act had made all actions of Overwatch illegal, Overwatch was banned from excistence.
You thought it couldnt get any worse, but it did.
The Overwatch base in Swiss had exploded, and Jack Morrison died.

"What the fuck?!" You whispered.

In one moment all of your hopes and dreams were crushed once again. Your home was gone, and there was no place for you to go. There was no way of contacting Overwatch, since there was no Overwatch anymore.

"What should we do now?" Kump asked.

"I dont know-" you said, as tears started forming in your eyes.
Once again you had lost everything. 

"Fuck!" You whispered. 
"What am I going to do now?"

"Hey (Y/N), everything is going to be ok...we will find Genji and live with him." Kumo tried to cheer you up.

"Nothing is ok Kumo!" You snapped.
"We dont have money! No where to go and we also dont know where he is!" You shouted as tears rolled down your face.

Everyone in the diner was staring at you, as you panted for air after your big rant.
"We should leave..." kumo said.

The two of you walked out of the diner. Embarrassed you looked to the ground, leaning on the wall of the diner.
You regretted snapping at Kumo, he never wanted something like this to happen and just wanted the best for you.

"Im sorry..." you whispered.
"Hey dont be, I unerstand that you are just full of emotions right now."

You nodded in response. He was right, you were like a kettle full of emotions and this time it was just too much and you overflowed. 

"Maybe Genji could still be with the monks in Nepal?" Kumo guessed.

"Yeah, thats possible...but thats on the other side of the world...and we dont have money..." you said, knowing that you basically couldnt do anything without money.

"Then lets get work!" He suggested.

"Well...theres one problem I dont have an ID since the world still kinda thinks I died when the omnium spread those fake news..."

"Didn't Overwatch give you a new ID?" He asked you.

"Well there were about to...but then we kinda forgot. Fuck, without an ID I cant work anywhere!" You said, panicking. 

"Well you cant work anywhere legal..." He trailed off. 

"What are you implying Kumo?"

"Since fighting and killing is something youre pretty good at you could work as an assasin...you have knowlege about the omnium and know some names of pretty important people there...why not use that as your advantage..." he suggested.

"I dont know Kumo...how are we even going to find a secret company for assasins I could work for..."

"Oh I know one!" He answered.

"Of course you do..."

'It will only be to save up money to go to Nepal, when I have enough I will quit this job..." was what you told yourself back then.
But in the end time had passed you had worked as an assasin for about a year, saving up more than just enough money.
You travelled the world, killing people in every country. It was almost like living a jetset life, and after some time you began to enjoy it.

After that one year passed you decided it was time to finally go to Nepal.
The temple was gigantic, and the view of the mountains took your breath away.

It was cold and everything was covered in snow, but your warm and fuzzy coat kept you warm. The sun had just risen and everything was tinted in a light yellow, making the place look even quieter than it already did.

You stepped ino the temple, which was filled with peaceful omnic monks that were silently floating around. 

You looked around, but couldnt see Genji anywhere. Wanting to walk into the temple futher you were stopped by a robotic yet soft voice.

"Can I help you, troubled soul?" He asked.

You turned around and were greeted by one of the omnic monks. He had nine blue lights on his forehead and wore yellow pants. 
Golden balls were floating around his head peacefully.

"Uhhhhm I was actually searching for someone..." you said a bit embarrassed. 

"May I ask, who are you searching for?" He asked calmy.

"Genji, his name is Genji Shimada."you replied having Genjis face on your mind, seeing it right in front of you.

"Oh my young student Genji...Im sorry but he left a few months ago, he went to explore the world and finally find peace within himelf. You must be (Y/N), Genji talked a lot about you and how you always exepted him and everyone else around you. " he told you.

"Oh...so Im too late" you said, as your head sank down and you looked to ground in sadness.

"Dont be sad, I can feel that there is a strong connection between you two, fate will bring the two of you back together, there is no point in questioning that." He said, his calm voice made you less worried and you started to relax.

"Doesnt he think Im dead..."

"Genji always believed that you were still with him, he always said that he could feel your presence, even though he meant it in a spiritual way, maybe he still knew deep inside of himself that you are still alive."

You took a deep breath, thinking about what to do now.
"Do you know where he is right now?" You asked hoping to find him.

"No, but you will find him when the right time has come, I can feel that."

"But-but what if thats going to take years?! I dont want to wait that long to finally see him again." You cried out.

"Then so be it, perhaps both of you need time to grow by yourselves, and when the time to reunite has come your bond will be stronger than ever." He said before coming closer to you and laying one hand on your shoulder.

"You may think that you are not doing the right thing, that you choose the wrong path, but I can feel that you are a good person. Never forget where you came from, family is the most important thing in this world, so never give up hope, you will see them again."
Then the omnic silently floated away.

"Wait! You havent even told me your name!" You shouted out to him.

"Im Zenyatta. It was a pleasure to finally meet you (Y/N)."