Chapter 10. Goodbye my love

The next day you woke up next to Genji, that was still keeping deeply. You watched as he moved a bit and mumbled words, he was probably dreaming.
Running your fingers through his soft dyed green hair made you think back to the prior night, which had been truly wonderful.

But there was one thing that was strange, everything was silent.
Not a single sound could be heard. Normally all the maids would be rushing through the hallways to prepare everything in time before the masters would wake up.
But you couldn't hear them.

Instantly your mind went back to the night 6 years ago.
Silence was always a sign of death to you from this day onwards.
You knew something had to be wrong,  you just couldn't quite put your finger on it.

Looking at Genji again and seeing how peacefully he was sleeping made you calm down a bit.
You decided that it would be best to take a shower and then do your daily chores around the house.
Gathering your clothes from the ground, you tried to be as quiet as possible.
But you woke Genji up non the less. 

"(Y/N)? What are you doing, why are not in bed with me anymore...?"
He said in a sleepy and deep voice, sitting up in the bed to look at you with tired and half lidded eyes.

"I thought it would be best to take a quick shower and then get started on my chores..."

"Oh come on (Y/N)...can't you be just my private maid for the day? I want you just for myself~"
he said in a seducive tone, a lustful look on his face.

"I don't think I can do that..."
You replied and Genji pouted. 

"I don't think staying with me a little longer to cuddle would hurt..."
He said, placing his hand beside him, gesturing you to lie down beside him again.

"Ok but just for ten minutes, and then I'll leave! I reallycan'tstay for too long!"
You said, lying down next to him and he immideatly wrapped his arms around your waist, giving you a peck on the lips.

You ended up spending way more than ten minutes in bed, but you didn't notice because you were too busy kissing Genji.
You loved his soft touch on your lips, how they moved on yours with force but also passion.
How he held you in his strong arms, playing with your hair while kissing you.
How every single one of Genjis moves and touches were gentle and loving, always careful to make you feel good and comfortable.
You just loved every single thing about him.
He was the only one that was left of the people that you loved, and you definetlydidn't want to lose him.

Genji didn't know you were worried and you decided to not tell him that you had a bad feeling about this day.
You didn't want him to think that you were paranoid.
Maybe this day would have ended differently if you would have just opened up.

"Young master Genji are you ok? You have been in your room for a while now..."
a maid asked from outside the room after knockingon the door.

"Yes Im fine, just a little but longer please" he answered.

"Young master I am sorry but your brother demands to see you, please get out of bed now!"
The voice of the maid got impatient.

"Ok I'm coming, tell him it won't take long!"
Genji shouted, while jumping out of bed. He knew that it was bad to mess with his brother and that just like his father, Hanzo didn't like it when people kept him waiting.
You watched as Genji hurried to put on his clothes.

"(Y/N) you should wait here and walk out of my room when you are sure that I'm gone."
He said while putting on his pants.

"Ok!" You simply said, giving him a sweet smile.

Genji started walking to the door, but turned around once again before opening the door.
"I love you (Y/N)! More than anything else!"
He said with a soft smile and then walked out the door, leaving you alone in his big room.

Letting out a sigh, you started dressing yourself.
'Everything will be fine and Im just paranoid'
was what you said to yourself over and over again, but you just couldn't calm yourself down.

You were sure that Genji would be gone by now, so you walked outside the room to get going on your daily chores.
Cleaning the floorboards as always,  you were relieved to see the other maids. But there was still something wrong, the castle felt...cold.

And then something happened that you would never forget.
Something that made your stomach turn, made you wanna throw up and that would haunt you in your dreams. It was a terrible sight. You just couldn't believe what you saw, no you didn't want to believe it.

You didn't wanted to believe that the only person you loved was dead now. 
It was in this moment that you realized that death followed you like a curse.

Genji had died by the hands of his brother, and it broke you.