(15) Uh-oh

It was Thanksgiving morning Bucky was pacing in the kitchen. Cassidy was taking a long time to get ready. He came upstairs to their master suite.

"Cass darlin..we can't be late.." he said as he came into the bathroom.

"If you are ready..then why haven't you come down.." he said

"Im pregnant..Bucky I I oh god.." she said as she started pace.

"Cass.." he said as he read the two tests.

"This wasn't suppose to happen..now I cant fucking leave next summer! My last period was in September that means Im due June!." She yelled at him.

"Cass calm down..we need to go to the dinner. And we will go to the doctor on Monday." He said as he dragged her out of the bathroom.

"Just don't say anything." He said as they got in his truck.

They went down the road to his grandparents house. Bucky and her didn't say anything about the baby. But that didn't stop the family from wondering considering how much she was eating and yawning.

That night when they got home they were making out in the bed and having sex. Twice a week turned into three times a week. Then after that turned into every night. Bucky didn't use condoms he assumed she was on birth control.

On Monday morning they skipped 1st period to go to the doctor. Dr Franklin did her initial exam. After her exam was over Dr Franklin started her ultrasound.

"Okay..we are 9 weeks and 0 days. And we are looking at a June 28th due date." Dr Franklin said as she made her notes.

Cassidy felt tears fall as Bucky looked down.

"The heartbeat sounds good. Its 167 and strong." Dr Franklin said as she turned off the machine.

She gave them their copies of the ultrasounds. "Come back next month. In 11 weeks we will find out the gender. And get you some prenatal vitamins." She said to Cassidy.

"Thanks" they both said as Cassidy started to get dressed.

Once they got in the truck Bucky made her look at him. "I am so sorry. Why didn't you say anything?" He said

"I just assumed that I couldnt get pregnant." She said as tears welled up.

He started up the truck. "We can just put the baby up for adoption Buck. We dont have to do this..we both have two different dreams.." she said

"Really Cassidy Bliss..we have known about this for four days now. We just saw the baby for the first time and you are being selfish." He said as he slammed on the brakes.

"Dont you talk to me like my dad does." She said

He sent a text to their parents and grandparents to meet them at their house after school.

**************

"You wanted us to meet here." James said as he and Elliot came in from the hospital.

"Yeah..we have something to tell the family." Bucky said as they followed him into the living room.

"Whats going on James Buchanan" Marjorie said

"Um we wanted to make a total unexpected announcement. And this Cassidy is pregnant." Bucky said as he gave everyone ultrasounds.

"Dont get to attached though." Cassidy said

"Cass..I said we would discuss that with them.' Bucky said

"Discuss what?' Darcy said

"Adoption.." Cassidy said

"Cassidy Joanna Bliss.." Maxine said

"I want to go to Yale..I dont want to stay married to him. We dont love each other.." Cassidy said

"Because you aren't trying. He seems to be the only one trying." Maxine said

Cassidy looked down.

"Cass..you can apply to UGA UNC and Alabama like me." Bucky said

She wiped tears as she ran upstairs. Bucky ran after her "Cass..Cassidy." he said as he walked into their room.

"You promised me that you would fix this Buck. That you could make all this go away." She said through tears.

"I know what I said. And I tried to make good on that promise darlin I did. I had no idea that the judge would have stipulations." He said as he held her face and wiped tears.

"Stay with me Cass..be with me." He whispered as he rested their foreheads together.

"Buck.." she whispered

"What is so wrong about us being together now? We have had sex and legally we are married." He said

She looked at him. "Did you really think I forgot about the first girl that ever broke my heart at 14." He said

Flashback..

"Ooo Barnes.." Sam said as fourteen year old Bucky and Cassidy were paired together.

They went into the closet together. He put her against the wall as they started to make out.

Bucky started to fill her up. "Buck stop.." she said

"Cass dont be like this." He said as he tried to touch her again.

"Bucky please.." she said

"Come on Cass I like you. I want you to be my girl." He said

"Well I dont want to be your girl. Im saving myself for marriage so we cant be together if you want sex." She said and walked out.

Bucky sat there in the closet and cried. He called his brother Brandon to pick him up cause he didnt want to be there any longer.

Back to present day..

"I.." she said

"Cass please dont do it again." He said

"Okay..I guess I..will stay down here." She said

He kissed so hard and full of passion. "I promise you baby I will give you your dream wedding." He said as he hugged her.

They went back downstairs to celebrate the baby news. That night Bucky helped her apply to all of his colleges he had offers from. Winnie had Margaret cancel the annulement petition.

The next day they were able to get her last name changed to Barnes officially.