Chapter 3

*You WON!

  *You earned 10 EXP and 20 Gold

  *Your LOVE increased!

  Chara had never seen anyone die before, neither human nor monster. The Froggit that Frisk had struck gave a small cry of pain before its body crumpled into dust. She could not believe it, the Froggit was here, it was alive, a thinking living being, and just like that it was gone.

  Maybe, maybe it was an accident! she thought. Maybe she panicked and pressed the FIGHT button by mistake. Or maybe the Froggit frightened her and she did it without thinking.

  Chara tried to look at Frisk, to see if she had any reaction to what she had just done. But, Frisk was looking down, her hair covering her face, preventing Chara from being able to tell what she was feeling.

  Frisk began walking up into the north room, with Chara floating close behind deep in thought. She was brought out of her thinking when she heard the clatter of something metal hitting the floor. Looking up she saw that Frisk had taken four pieces of candy from a metal bowl that had been sitting on a small stone pillar, but apparently in her haste to get more candy she had accidentally knocked the bowl off the pillar, spilling the rest of the candy all over the floor.

  Chara shook her head and sighed as she said, "Now look what you've done." She decided that Frisk must have killed the Froggit in the heat of the moment and hadn't meant to do it at all.

  Frisk walked out of the room and saved at the save point once again, but no sooner had she taken two steps she was pulled into yet another FIGHT this time by a Whimsun.

  Chara could tell right away that this monster was too terrified to actually attack, it was shaking and seemed on the verge of bursting into tears.

  "This monster is too sensitive to fight..." she said looking over at Frisk with a small smile. Before she could even react, Frisk pressed the FIGHT button and killed the Whimsun with a single hit.

  As Frisk began to walk towards the room's exit, Chara was trying to think of why Frisk had pressed FIGHT again. But before she could get her thoughts in order, Frisk was attacked by yet another Froggit, and Frisk once again pressed FIGHT, killing the Froggit.

  Frisk exited the room with Chara behind her. Chara thought, Maybe it was an accident. However she didn't have long to think much further as Frisk had disappeared from her line of sight.

  Panicking, she looked desperately to her left and right before finally looking down and noticed a hole in the floor. Worried she wondered if she would be able to find a rope to pull her back up but as she looked up she saw Frisk was pulling herself out of a hole in the wall on the opposite side of the small room. Sighing with relief, she floated over to Frisk and saw that she was perfectly fine. As they continued into the next room Chara realized that even if she had found rope she wouldn't be able to hold it anyway.

  As they entered the next room the phone rang and Frisk answered it after the first ring.

  "Hello? This is Toriel." Toriel said from the other end. "For no reason in particular... Which do you prefer? Cinnamon or butterscotch?"

  Chara gasped as she knew exactly what Toriel was asking that question for. She was going to make her special Butterscotch-cinnamon pie. She remembered that she could never get enough while she was living with the Dreemurrs. She was now a little jealous of Frisk being corporeal and being able to eat.

  "Butterscotch." Frisk said without hesitating as if she knew what Toriel was going to ask and had prepared an answer ahead of time.

  "Oh, I see. Thank you very much!" Toriel said before hanging up.