Chapter 15

As Chara and Frisk left the spider's home, the wall on the left had a poster taped to it. Chara glanced at it and had to do a double take. The poster showed the robot from the Lab with a spotlight shining on him. Beneath the picture was the times for a play, but each time had a sticker over it saying cancelled.

  Chara noticed she was starting to get pulled along by Frisk, she took one final glance at the poster before quickly floating back behind Frisk. Looking around she noticed they were on a stage, complete with a backdrop showing the silhouette of a couple of houses. There was also a large prop of a vine covered balcony, with stairs leading down to the stage floor.

  Frisk seemed not to notice or care about any of this as she simply walked past without stopping. They soon arrived back onto the path, in the distance Chara could see another elevator, and to the left and right were staircases. The stairs to the left lead up, while the stairs to the right went down. Frisk walked up the stairs on the left, at the top was a large building that Chara didn't remember being here while she was still alive.

  The building looked like a hotel, it was so tall, she couldn't see the top as it disappeared into the darkness above. If Chara were to guess, they would be underneath the city. The building had a large sign above the entrance that just said MTT. Frisk walked to the right of the entrance and entered an alley.

  In the alley there was what looked like a small flea market. It was completely unmanned and all of the merchandise was still there on display. There was a large pile of junk food, a single key, an old dusty cowboy hat, and an empty revolver. There was a note that looked like it was written with two different colors by two different people.

  Written on the note was:  Hey, this is Bratty! Hey, this is Catty! If you're reading this... Then, like, bad news you mega-evil weirdo! Alphys just came here and she's taking us... Someplace super duper safe! But, first, we gotta use these gel pens. Yeah! Chill, Alphys! We don't wanna waste pens! And don't even THINK about stealing our stuff. Yeah, creep! Leave our junk alone! Catty, it's not JUNK. It's really valuable. Yeah! Our garbage is REALLY valuable! Anyway. In closing: You're a total loser! Yeah! Loser!!! Nya ha ha! Signed, Bratty <3 Signed, Catty <3

  Frisk ignored the note as she grabbed four packets of junk food, and swapped her dusty tutu with the cowboy hat. She then promptly turned around and walked out of the alleyway before making her way to the building's entrance.

  Inside Chara looked around in wonder at the reception area they had stepped into. The floor was made of a golden colored linoleum tile, there was a red carpet leading from the entrance towards the rear exit. To the left was what looked like a fancy restaurant, on the right was a hallway that lead to some rooms. In the middle of the reception area was a fountain with a sculpture of the robot. The robot had water pouring out of a slot in his face, but it was at an angle so all of the water was landing onto the floor next to the fountain.

  Past the fountain in the left corner was a reception desk with nobody behind it. Next to the desk was a double door that had a sign above it that read CORE in bright letters. On the right side of the doors was what looked like a fast food restaurant that had a sign above it with just MTT and a picture of a burger. Next to the restaurant was an elevator.

  Frisk walked up to a save point that was shining in front of the fountain and saved before making her way to the fast food place. Behind the counter was a cat like monster who looked extremely nervous as Frisk approached him.

  "Why do I always get the freaks?" Chara heard him mutter under his breath.

  Frisk simply smiled as she asked for three legendary hero sandwiches. Chara was surprised when Frisk actually payed for them with some of the gold she had taken from the monsters she had killed. Chara was curious as to why this monster was still here rather than trying to evacuate to a safe place like the others, but she didn't get a chance to find out as Frisk left after paying for the sandwiches.

  After leaving Frisk made her way to the hotel's entrance to a box that Chara didn't see on their way in. Frisk placed the old tutu inside the box before turning around and walking towards the CORE with Chara following behind. 

  After crossing a metal bridge they finally entered the door to the CORE's inner-workings. In front of them was an elevator with a doorway on each side. The floors and even the walls were covered in circuitry and panels with flashing lights. Frisk didn't bother trying the elevator but headed straight for the door on the left. The door lead to a short corridor that had strange short metal pillars to the sides.

  Frisk was suddenly attacked by two Madjicks, wizard-like monsters that used magic tricks to attack. Chara remembered that her and Asriel had met one once. The Madjick had done a few card tricks that had amazed Asriel and impressed Chara.

  Chara was pulled back to the present by the end of the FIGHT that saw Frisk victorious. Chara looked sadly at the piles of dust before floating after Frisk. The corridor they were in had three lasers pointed at a short bridge, but the lasers were turned off. Frisk crossed the bridge and turned left into a room that had a Knight Knight lying in wait. Knight Knights were large monsters that wore black armor with the torso part resembling a bird's face.

  Frisk and Chara left the room, after Frisk killed the Knight Knight, and followed another longer bridge that had two dozen lasers pointed at it. None of them turned on as Chara and Frisk made it to the other side.

  Strange, Chara thought as they came to a crossroads with a save point in the middle. Those were clearly a trap, but then why wasn't it activated?

  Chara looked at a sign on the wall and saw that they were standing at the entrance to a maze. Frisk made her way through the maze killing monsters left and right until her knife and the cuffs of her sleeves were caked with dust, all the while smiling and giggling to herself. Chara could not help but watch, wishing there was something she could do to help her, to save her from all of the LOVE she had gathered.

  At the end of the maze they came to another bridge that had ozone beneath it. Halfway across Frisk got into a FIGHT with a Final Froggit and Whimsalot, adult versions of Foggits and Whimsuns.

  *YOU WON!

  *You earned 330 EXP and 270 gold.

  Chara noticed that Frisk's LOVE was now at fifteen. Frisk smiled as she made her way to the end of the bridge. There was a doorway, an elevator, and a save point that Frisk used as she said, "Determination." under her breath. Chara floated next to Fisk as they moved through the doorway together. Inside the room was a large platform, and standing in the middle of the platform was the rectangular robot.

  *1 Left*