Chapter 16

The robot stood before them in the center of the room, clearly waiting for them. Frisk said nothing while Chara floated silently next to her.

  "MY, MY. SO YOU'VE FINALLY ARRIVED." the robot said. "AFTER OUR FIRST MEETING, I REALIZED... SOMETHING GHASTLY. YOU'RE NOT JUST A THREAT TO MONSTERS... BUT HUMANITY AS WELL. OH MY, THAT'S AN ISSUE. YOU SEE I CAN'T BE A STAR WITHOUT AN AUDIENCE. AND BESIDES, THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE, I WANT TO PROTECT."

  Frisk suddenly took a silent step forward, clearly itching to start the FIGHT. The robot immediately took notice.

  "AH HA HA. EAGER AS ALWAYS, EH? BUT DON'T TOUCH THAT DIAL. THERE'S SOMETHING YOU HAVEN'T ACCOUNTED FOR. AS ANY TRUE FAN WOULD KNOW, I WAS FIRST CREATED AS A HUMAN ERADICATION ROBOT. IT WAS ONLY AFTER I BECAME A STAR THAT I WAS GIVEN A MORE...PHOTOGENIC BODY. HOWEVER, THOSE ORIGINAL FUNCTIONS HAVE NEVER BEEN FULLY REMOVED... COME ANY CLOSER AND I'LL BE FORCED TO SHOW YOU MY TRUE FORM!"

  A human eradication robot? Chara thought. Why would King Dad have ordered that to be built? He had always wanted peace between Monsters and Humans.

  Frisk smiled as she took another step towards the robot.

  "FINE THEN!" the robot said. "RRRRREADY? IIIIIIIT'S SHOWTIME!!!"

  The lights on the robot's front started to get brighter and brighter until Chara couldn't look any more. After a few seconds the light seemed to die down, and when she opened her eyes, she could not believe them.

  What stood before them was a completely different looking robot. His right arm had been replaced with a cannon, his shoulders now had pauldrons attached to them. On his back were what appeared to be large wings. At his waist was his glowing power core in the shape of an upside down heart, and engraved on his chest plate was a large heart. He had black hair on the top of his head, and the right side of his face was painted black. Over his right eye was a crosshair.

  Chara looked over at Frisk who was smiling as she reached over and pressed the FIGHT button. Frisk quickly jumped towards the robot, stabbing her knife directly into his power core and twisting it before ripping it out.

  The robot's HP was dropped to zero in seconds before Chara's eyes.

  The robot had a pained look of surprise as he said, "GH... GUESS YOU DON'T WANT TO JOIN MY FAN CLUB?" and before Chara could even blink he exploded and was no more.

  After the dust settled Chara and Frisk were the only ones left in the room, the only thing that remained of the robot was a scorch mark on the floor. Chara looked over at Frisk who had opened her menu and was checking her STATS. Chara saw to her horror that Frisk's LOVE had jumped from 15 to 19.

  Frisk closed her menu and walked towards the doorway at the back of the room. Chara had no choice but to follow her into a long hallway. At the end of the hallway was an elevator, that Frisk and Chara climbed into. The ride up was completely silent except for the hum of the elevator's motor. After what felt like hours they finally reached the top. Exiting the elevator they were in a short hallway. To the left of the elevator was a save point and another short hallway.

  Frisk saved at the save point before making her way through the other hallway which lead out into onto a long balcony that gave a grand view of the city. Tall block towers and domed brick buildings as far as the eye could see. Some were small while others were as high up as the balcony they were standing on. Chara loved to look out over the city with Asriel and listen to the hustling and bustling of monsters going about their daily lives.

  But now the only thing she could hear was Frisk's footsteps and the wind blowing past the empty buildings. They soon turned left, following the balcony leading to what Chara knew could only be her home.