Chapter 7

The next area had a save point and, strangely, a table with a plate of spaghetti and another table with an unplugged microwave. There was a note next to the spaghetti that Chara read while Frisk saved. It said, HUMAN!! PLEASE ENJOY THIS SPAGHETTI. (LITTLE DO YOU KNOW, THIS SPAGHETTI IS A TRAP DESIGNED TO ENTICE YOU!!! YOU'LL BE SO BUSY EATING IT THAT YOU WON'T REALIZE THAT YOU AREN'T PROGRESSING!! THOROUGHLY JAPED AGAIN BY THE GREAT PAPYRUS!!!) NYEH-HEH-HEH, PAPYRUS

  Chara giggled to her self at how silly Papyrus was as she floated over to the plate of spaghetti and saw that, because it was so cold, it was frozen to the table. She looked at the microwave next and saw that all the buttons were labelled spaghetti.

  Frisk finished saving and started walking towards the next area. "Um, hey Frisk." Chara said as they entered a larger area of the forest. "Have you thought about at least trying to solve the puzzles? If you need a hint, I might be able to help, I've always been good with puzzles."

  "I don't have time to be wasting on some puzzles Chara." Frisk said harshly as she entered a FIGHT with two Icecaps and a Jerry monster, a monster that was generally disliked by everyone. After killing the three monsters, Frisk moved towards a pair of pine trees.

  "Frisk, do you hate monsters?" Chara asked timidly.

  Frisk paused for a few moments, before turning to look at Chara and said, "What if I do? Does it really matter?"

  Chara was unsure of what to say. After a few minutes of silence between them, Frisk turned around and started digging through the snow between the trees until she uncovered a button. Strangely, it was being pushed down by vines. Frisk stood up and walked towards the area's exit. Chara noticed that there were holes in the ground, looking into one she saw that they had spikes inside them.

  After killing two more royal guardsmen, a male and female dog couple, both with heavy axes, Frisk and Chara continued to the next area. This area had a puzzle with two O's on the ground and a button. But, Chara saw that just like in the previous area, the spikes that were supposed to be blocking the way were already retracted into the ground. The next puzzle in the area was much the same, but had all of the O's arranged to look similar to Papyrus' head. 

  "I wonder who's been solving all of the puzzles ahead of us." Chara thought out loud. "Do you think it's Papyrus?"

  "No, and it's not Sans either." Frisk replied. "It's probably Flowey, which would explain the vines from earlier."

  Chara remembered the evil grin on Flowey's face and shivered. Looking behind them she thought she saw something golden disappear into the ground, but decided it was just her mind playing tricks on her.

  In the next area, Sans and Papyrus were standing next to a rectangular machine. Between them and the girls was what looked like a large grey and white checker board and a small bridge connecting the two cliffs that separated Frisk and Chara from the board.

  "HEY! IT'S THE HUMAN!" Papyrus said after noticing Frisk. "YOU'RE GONNA LOVE THIS PUZZLE! IT WAS MADE BY THE GREAT..."

  Before Papyrus could finish his sentence Frisk quickly walked halfway across the checker board.

  After a brief pause upon realizing Frisk didn't wait for his puzzle explanation Papyrus said, "...ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

  Turning to his shorter brother he said, "SANS!!! HELP!!! THEY KEEP WALKING THROUGH MY PUZZLES! THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO LET ME EXPLAIN THEM. THEN THREATEN AND BAFFLE THEM WITH DANGEROUS JAPES."

  "well, maybe they don't like japes." Sans said with a grin on his face.

  "EVERYONE LIKES JAPES!!!"