Chapter 18

When Chara opened her eyes, she noticed several things, the first being that she was back at the hall's entrance next to the save point. Looking down she saw that she was in Frisk's body and in the back of her mind she could feel Frisk, struggling to regain control. Chara smiled as she easily overpowered her.

  "Chara, please!" Frisk cried desperately. "Don't do this!"

  "But Frisk, hasn't anybody ever told you?" Chara replied as she opened Frisk's inventory. "Always finish what you started." After which she threw Frisk into the deepest part of her mind, silencing Frisk.

  Chara pulled The Locket out of her inventory, equipping it. "Right where it belongs."

  Tightening her grip on her knife, she began to walk towards Sans, who was still waiting patiently halfway down the hall. As she got closer, she could feel the LOVE inside her getting hotter and could feel the concentrated determination running down her cheeks like hot angry tears.

  When she finally reached Sans he said, "huh, guess you must have changed your mind? weird, well, guess we'll just keep doing what we've been doing." and they entered a FIGHT.

  Sans started off with his usual first attack, Chara, having seen it countless times, avoided everything effortlessly. When it was her turn, she pressed the FIGHT button without even hesitating. Sans dodged it automatically, but Chara wasn't worried. She knew that he would get tired eventually.

  After thirteen rounds of dodging attacks on both sides, Sans finally sighed and said, "you're not frisk are you?"

  Chara was surprised for a brief moment, but she didn't show it, simply smiling instead.

  "i thought so, no you're some kind of demon that took control, aren't you. i suggest you give it back, or you're gonna have a bad time." he said as he spared her.

  Chara immediately attacked, thinking he was off guard, but he dodged it just as easily as all of her other attacks.

  "welp, it was worth a shot. guess you like doing things the hard way, huh?"

  For a second everything around Chara turned black, and when she could see again, there were two blasters on both sides. She quickly ducked, avoiding their beams just in time. Before she could breath a sigh of relief, everything went black again. When everything was back, Frisk's SOUL had turned blue and was on the floor, knowing what that meant Chara immediately jumped as bones erupted from the ground. The world went black again, and when it returned, Frisk's SOUL was blue again and a bone wall on each side was hurtling towards her, forcing her to quickly jump over them.

  It was finally her turn, but Sans had a bone that was running back and forth over the FIGHT button. Chara quickly pressed it before the bone hit her hand, and slashed at Sans with her knife.

  After dodging her attack Sans said, "sounds strange, but i was secretly hoping you would actually listen to me." Before turning Frisk's SOUL blue and sending a wall of bones at her, which she easily jumped over.

  "i thought, maybe if you did, we could i don't know, get some good food, have some bad laughs, and we could all be friends." Sans said after Chara's next attack before sending his own.

  "but that's ridiculous, right? yeah, you're the type who won't EVER be happy."

  Chara said nothing but grinned as determination dripped from her face.

  "you just want to consume this timeline until... well. hey. take it from me buddy. someday... you gotta learn when to QUIT."

  Sans tried to throw her off guard again by turning everything dark, but she was ready for it, and effortlessly dodged his attacks.