Chapter 14

"Fun? You think all of the death and pain you're causing is fun?" Chara said as more tears ran down her cheeks. "How could any of this be fun? How could killing so many innocents be considered fun?!"

  "Oh Chara, you couldn't possibly begin to understand." Frisk said as her twisted smile grew wider. "You can't understand what it feels like to have so much LOVE swelling up inside you as your victim turns to dust. Of how much strength you get, allowing you to destroy any in your way, it's intoxicating."

  So that's it then... Chara thought as Frisk giggled to herself. She's a megalomaniac, someone who's obsessed with power.

  Tears continued to run down Chara's face when suddenly Frisk's smile fell as her features softened. She walked up to Chara and reached towards her as if  to hold one of her hands, but stopped just an inch away.

  Letting her arm drop Frisk looked at Chara with her closed eyes and said, "It will be okay Chara, everything will be just fine in the end." Before turning around and walking through the open doorway.

  Chara wiped the tears from her eyes as she followed Frisk, while wondering what she could have meant by everything being okay.

  In the next room the path was being blocked by two guards in armor. They both immediately noticed Frisk.

  "...you're here." the guard on the left said. "So that means Undyne... She's... Like, Undyne! We'll avenge you!"

  Both guards attacked but Frisk cut them down like everyone else. Past the guards were three vents on pillars of rock pointed towards the area's exit. Frisk hopped on the first vent and was propelled to the other side. Chara looked down and noticed that the ground looked like it was, strangely, made of poke-a-dot tiles.

  As they moved into the area Chara only got more confused as they walked into a fully equipped kitchen. It had everything a kitchen needed, a stove, a refrigerator, two counter tops, many cupboards, a sink, a microwave. There was even a window on the wall that showed a blue sky with white clouds. For a second Chara thought they were back on the surface, and looked up but, instead of endless sky she saw catwalks and lights hanging from the ceiling pointing down on the room. Seeing this, she realized it was a set for what appeared to be a cooking show.

  Frisk didn't seem surprised by any of this as she continued walking straight forward. They both moved towards the exit, passing by a counter that had a single can sitting on it. As she floated past it Chara looked at the can and saw that the label said MTT-Brand Always-Convenient Human Soul Substitute™. She noticed that the can was glued to the table for some reason.

  As they left the set they came across a save point that Frisk used. In the distance Chara could see an enormous machine sitting on top of a massive pool of lava. The top of the machine had huge cables and tubes reaching towards the Underground's ceiling and disappearing into the dark. A low constant humming could be heard emanating from the machine. Chara recognized the machine immediately as the CORE. The CORE was responsible for providing the entire Underground with power by converting geothermal energy into magical electricity.

  Walking forward they came across an elevator, Frisk stepped inside and pressed the button for the highest available level. The doors slid shut and a low humming sounded as the elevator rose to it's destination. After reaching the top and stepping out Frisk was now standing on a purple platform. Off to the sides of the platform were various spinning cogs and gears that were apart of the CORE's exterior.

  Frisk and Chara moved forward and came across what looked like a bake sale that had spiderwebs here and there. A table was set up with a croissant and a doughnut on display. To the right of the table was a sign and two spiderwebs. As Frisk walked past the spiderwebs Chara peered at the labels attached to them. The first said Spider Doughnut 9999G while the second said Spider Cider 9999G.