Chapter 6

The next area had a save point. While Frisk saved, Chara looked around and noticed a box next to the path. Once Frisk finished saving she walked over to the box and opened it. Inside there was an old tough glove. Frisk ignored with the glove, closed the box and start to head to the next area killing a Snowdrake on the way.

  Chara knew this couldn't go on any longer, she needed to stop this senseless killing. She needed to stop Frisk, but how? 

  Maybe I can try talking to her she thought. If I could convince her that there's no reason to fight then maybe she'll stop killing.

  In the next area Sans and Papyrus were standing on the path talking with each other.

  "SO SANS! WHEN'S THE HUMAN SHOWING UP???" Papyrus said to his brother. "I WANT TO LOOK MY SUNDAY BEST... OR AT LEAST MY TUESDAY PRETTY-GOOD."

  "don't you only have one outfit?" Sans asked.

  "YEAH, BUT I COULD STYLE MY HAIR!"

  "oh. right. good idea. say, why don't you look over there?" Sans said indicating towards Frisk and Chara.

  Papyrus looked at Frisk, then looked at Sans, then back to Frisk, and back and forth, each time getting faster until both Sans and Papyrus looked away from her and spoke to each other.

  "SANS!!! OH MY GOD!!!! I'M DIZZY. WHAT AM I LOOKING AT?"

  "behold." Sans said as they both turned around.

  "OH MY GOD!!! WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME TO LOOK AT A ROCK."

  Confused, Chara looked behind her and saw there was indeed a rock in the middle of the path.

  "hey, what's that in front of the rock?" Sans said to his brother.

  Papyrus looked again and said, "OH MY GOD!!! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS."

  "well. it's not a rock."

  "NOT A ROCK...? OH NO!!! BY PROCESS OF ELIMINATION!!! THAT MEANS IT'S A HUMAN!!! AHEM!! HUMAN!! PREPARE YOURSELF!! FOR HIGH JINKS! FOR LOW JINKS! DANGERS! PUZZLES! CAPERS! JAPERS! BEING CAPTURED!! AND OTHER SORTS OF FUN ACTIVITIES. REFRESHMENTS WILL BE PROVIDED... IF YOU DARE!"

  Chara started laughing, she couldn't help herself. Papyrus was so funny that, for a brief moment, she had forgotten everything that had happened since she'd woken up.

  "NYEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH!!!" Papyrus laughed as he left to make preparations for capturing Frisk.

  "...and you don't even bat an eye, huh?" Sans said to Frisk before following his brother.

  Frisk started to follow them, but stopped when Chara said, "Frisk, can we talk?"

  "What do you want Chara?" Frisk said coldly while not looking at her.

  Chara sighed and said, "Look, I don't know why you're killing everybody, but surely there's no reason great enough to justify this."

  "It will all be worth it in the end Chara. Trust me." Frisk said, briefly looking at Chara before moving forward again. Chara sighed before following her.

  As Chara and Frisk moved through the next few areas Frisk killed a few royal guardsmen, dog monsters in metal armor, as well as a few Icecap monsters. Chara tried to talk to Frisk again, but Frisk simply ignored her.

  They soon came across a talking snowman. As Chara wondered who built him he said, "Hello. I am a snowman. I cannot move. Traveller, if you could..."

  Before he could finish his sentence, Frisk pulled a piece of the snowman off of his body and added it to her inventory.

  "Oh me, oh my. What are you doing? Soon there won't be any of me left." the snowman said, as Frisk took another piece of him.

  "Stop... Please..." the snowman begged weakly.

  Horrified Chara cried, "Frisk! Stop! That's enough!" As Frisk ripped another piece off of the snowman.

  But she was too late, all that remained of the snowman was a small pile of snow and his carrot nose.

  "A useless pile of snow." Frisk muttered under her breath as she moved to the next area, with a speechless Chara trailing behind her.

  The next part of the forest had a large square shaped area of packed snow, on the other side of the square stood Sans and Papyrus, who were talking with each other again.

  "YOU'RE SO LAZY!!" Papyrus said in a disappointed voice. "YOU WERE NAPPING ALL NIGHT!!"

  "i think that's called... sleeping." Sans said with a big grin on his face.

  "EXCUSES, EXCUSES!" Papyrus said before noticing Frisk as Chara giggled at their banter. "OH-HO! THE HUMAN ARRIVES! IN ORDER TO STOP YOU... MY BROTHER AND I HAVE CREATED SOME PUZZLES! I THINK YOU'LL FIND THIS ONE..."

  Frisk suddenly walked halfway across the square, pulling a surprised Chara with her as Papyrus hesitantly continued to try and explain.

  "FOR YOU SEE, THIS IS... THE, INVISIBLE..." Papyrus stopped as he realized that Frisk was already through half of his puzzle. "UHHHHHHHHH...? YOU MUST BE HAVING CULTURE SHOCK. YOU SEE, WHERE I COME FROM, IT'S A LOVING TRADITION. TO SUFFER THROUGH HORRIBLE PUZZLES FOR NO REASON. SO, UH, JUST WALK BACK THERE, AND..."

  Frisk ignored him and walked right up to him until they were inches away from each other.

  "..." Papyrus sighed and said, "WHY COULDN'T WE GET A HUMAN THAT LIKES PUZZLES???" before walking further down the forest path.

  Sans looked at Frisk and said, "it would make my brother happy if you played along."

  As Frisk walked into the next area Chara said, "Frisk you could have at least humored him a little. He clearly worked hard on all of these puzzles, why not give them a chance?"

  "There's no reason to." Frisk said dully as she continued walking.

  "At least think about it." Chara said as Frisk fought and killed another royal guardsman.

  As they moved into the next area, they met Sans and Papyrus once again.

  "HUMAN!!! I HOPE YOU'RE READY FOR..." Papyrus said. "SANS!! WHERE'S THE PUZZLE!!!"

  "it's right there. there on the ground." Sans replied, bringing everyone's attention to a piece of paper lying on the ground. "trust me. there's no way they'll skip this one."

  Frisk simply walked past the paper without even glancing at it. Chara quickly looked and saw that the paper had a word search on it.

  "SANS!!! THAT DID NOTHING!!!"

  "whoops. knew i should have put down junior jumble instead."

  "WHAT?!? JUNIOR JUMBLE!? FINALLY SOMETHING WE CAN BOTH AGREE ON." Papyrus said as he walked out of the area.

  "guess you don't like word searches, huh?" Sans said as Frisk walked toward the next area. "me neither. i'm more of a funny pages kind of guy."

  Frisk ignored him as she and Chara moved deeper into the forest.

  *11 Left*