Chapter 17

After Frisk saved at the save point, she began walking towards Sans with Chara following closely behind. Sans continued to stand in the same spot, his grin never wavering. As they got closer, Chara's mind raced to try and think of a way to save Frisk from the LOVE she had accumulated. But, couldn't think of anything as Frisk stopped ten feet away from where Sans stood.

  "heya." He said. "you've been busy, huh?"

  Frisk said nothing as she tightened her hold on Chara's old knife.

  "so, i've got a question for ya." Sans continued. "do you think even the worse person can change...? that everybody can be a good person, if they just try?"

  Frisk took a step forward.

  "heh heh heh heh..." Sans laughed, his eye sockets going dark. "alright. well, here's a better question. do you want to have a bad time? 'cause if you take another step forward... you are REALLY not going to like what happens next."

  Frisk smiled in defiance as she stepped closer.

  "welp. sorry, old lady." Sans said as he closed his eyes. "this why i never make promises."

  Sans and Frisk were pulled into a FIGHT. Chara floated over to the side, worry furrowing her brow.

  "it's a beautiful day outside." Sans said, his eyes still closed. "birds are singing, flowers are blooming... on days like these, kids like you..." Sans opened his pitch black eyes. "Should be burning in hell."

  In a second Sans' left eye flashed cyan and yellow as Frisk's SOUL turned dark blue and slammed into the floor before being impaled by bones that had erupted out of the tiles. Before Frisk could react her SOUL turned red again before a wall of bones slammed into it from the left. Staggering, Frisk tried to move as four beast-like skulls appeared around her, opened their jaws and fired white beams of light at her SOUL, after which four more appeared at different angles and fired more beams of light, before another set gathered and fired off their own beams. Frisk just barely had enough time to move out of the way as two much larger skulls appeared on both sides of her and fired their beams.

  After it was over Sans said, "huh. always wondered why people never used their strongest attack first."

  Frisk didn't hear him as she was on her hands and knees, covered in cuts and bruises while gasping for air. For each hit she had taken, she could feel the pain of every single monster she had cut down. All of the pain she had inflicted on them had come crashing down on her SOUL, and when it was finally over she could feel her sins crawling on her back. She looked over at Chara who had her hands covering her mouth, crimson eyes wide. Looking at her HP bar it had been reduced to a sliver.

  Frisk gritted her teeth and stood up, selecting the ITEM button she ate one of the snowman pieces getting half of her 92 HP back. Sans turned Frisk's SOUL blue again, sending it to the floor. Bone walls appeared on both sides, heading towards her. Frisk, seeing a gap in each wall, jumped causing her SOUL to hop slightly just barely clearing the gap. Unfortunately, her SOUL grazed one of the bones, bringing her HP spiraling down to fifteen.

  Determined, Frisk pressed the FIGHT button and swung Chara's knife at Sans. But, surprisingly to both Frisk and Chara, Sans dodged the attack completely.

  "what?" he said, smiling still. "you think i'm just gonna stand there and take it?"

  Sans turned Frisk's SOUL blue again and sent several more bone walls hurtling towards her. Frisk jumped as quickly as she could, squeezing her SOUL through the gaps. She was too slow on the final wave however and her HP was brought down to one once again. As soon as it was her turn again, she immediately pressed the ITEMS button again and ate another snowman piece. Sans summoned more of his beast-like blasters and fired them at Frisk randomly. Frisk was unable to keep up, as the final blaster fired and brought her HP to zero.