Avengers Meet Tony's Kids

He's late. Again." Steve said, voice clearly showing his disapproval and slight annoyance. The other present Avengers, Clint, Nat, and Bruce looked at the empty chair that usually held their resident engineer.

Clint stood. "Then let's go to wherever he is. Ya know, bring the meeting to him?"

"He said he was going to be at SI this morning before coming here." Bruce said, sounding wary of the idea.

"Great, then let's go." Clint said and walked out, the other three following behind with varying thoughts and emotions.

.

They ended up in Tony's penthouse office. Jarvis let them in. Steve opened the door, expecting to see Tony goofing off, but the sight was.... confusing, to say the least.

Three kids were sitting on a couch in the foyer before Tony's office. Two boys and one girl. The girl was asleep with a pillow under her head and a blanket that she clearly kicked down to her feet. The two boys were awake and drawing on sheets of paper, bent over the dark-colored coffee table.

Steve gathered himself back up again, trying to sort this new information in his head. It seemed the others were too. Clint and Bruce's mouths were twisted in confusion and suprise, while Nat stood stoically, the only twinge of suprise showing in the way her eyebrows came down a smidge.

The girl seemed to be the youngest. Maybe about 4. She was wearing hello kitty pajamas and her hair went to her shoulders and was the exact color of Tony's. She looked a bit flushed, her cheeks a splotchy red.

The curly blonde haired boy seemed about 7, wearing a black tee, jeans, and sneakers with a red jacket. His eyes were a bold blue color.

Finally, the brown haired boy. It was a lighter color brown than the girl and his eyes were a honey color. He looked the oldest, 10 or 11. He wore a hoodie and jeans.

Both boys were lazer focused on a paper in front of them, holding various colored pencils.

"Captain Rogers," Jarvis said, startling the two awake children to look at them. The blonde immeadiately stepped up from the couch and stood in front of the little girl. The older boy also stood, putting a hand on the boy's shoulder. Steve wasn't sure if they were related or not.

The AI continued, "Master Peter, Sir Harley, Miss Morguna, these are Sir's co-workers, the Avengers. Please, don't be alarmed."

The two boys (he wasn't sure which one was which) relaxed a little and sat back down. The blonde one moved the girl to be in between them, both wrapping an arm around her.

"Avengers, I would suggest you don't ask questions. Please sit on the opposite couches while I call Mr. Hogan and Colonel Rhodes."

The avengers obeyed. They looked at each other for some kind of idea for what was going on but no one had a clue. Happy and Rhoday came and collected the kids. As soon as the doors closed, Steve's ears picked up amused laughter from the direction they had left in.

Tony and Ms. Potts had been in a side room with the door open and within hearing distance. The meeting happened in the foyer. Steve didn't think that the two were in a romantic relationship but.... he could be wrong. They bickered like a married couple and smiled at each other like they were looking at their entire world. Not to mention they knew what the other was going to say before they said it.

They never got the chance to ask about the kids.

The next week, Tony walts into a meeting with Ms. Potts on his arm and the girl in his other, the two boys not two steps from them.

"Hey guys," the genius said, like nothing was out of the ordinary. Two SHEILD workers came in with four more chairs, placing them around the large table. No one noticed, but Fury had a small smile on his face because Tony finally trusts the team enough.

Tony goes and sits in his seat, trying to to put the girl in the the chair to his left to be in between him and Clint, but she wouldn't budge and kept her arms wrapped around his neck, content.

Ms. Potts sat in the seat beside Tony and the two boys sat in the other chairs. The blonde one kicked his feet up on the table and leaned back, only to fall out of the chair.

He scrambled back up with a scowl and light blush on his face. Tony tutted.

"Harley, that is not a good way to get Clint to show you how to shoot an arrow."

Peter opened his mouth to say something but then Tony said with a smirk, "same goes for you getting to play around with Steve's giant frisbee."

Both boys protested.

Peter, "I'm not going to play with it. I'm going to study it! It's pure vibranium-"

Harley, "I want to learn how to increase my potato launcher strength since you won't teach me because you and Mom says it's dangerous-"

But the last word caught everyone off guard. Tony and Ms. Potts could be good friends with their mom maybe but that theory was blown out of the water.

They both ended their protests with the word, "Dad!"

"You can ask, but that still means safety. A lot of safety."

The boys high fived and looked at the rest of the shocked Avengers easily. Tony made eye contact with each of his teammates, becoming serious.

"Pep and I chose not to tell you guys until we both knew we could trust you. It's been over a year now and I trust you all to protect them and this secret. These three are my beautiful kids and Pepper is my lovely wife of fifteen years.

"Jarvis was watching over them in the foyer while me and Pep talked buisness, but then we heard you and while calling Rhodey and Happy and watching you guys, we thought it was time to tell you. It'd be a relief on us if the whole superhero team was watching over them. And I'm getting a little sappy here, but we love these kids to the bottom of our hearts and we hope you will too."

The rest of the Avengers stared for a minute, then made eye contact with each other and then looked to the kids, oblivious to the conversation. Pepper and Tony were like family and they would do anything for them. They would not deny protection to children, no matter what.

Together, they nodded.

They will protect their family.