Night Light

If Tony had been in either his Malibu house or the tower, this wouldn't have happened, since the Arc Reactor powered everything.

But, of course, since the world seemed to really dislike him today, he had to be in a remote motel in the middle of a blizzard.

If the Stark family ever had to stay in a motel for buisness, they liked to be somewhere unpopular. That way they don't have to worry about being questioned or reporters.

So Tony with his son Peter went to stay at a motel, planning to meet up with his wife, Pepper, and younger son, Harley, the next day.

Then the snowstorm hit.

Within minutes, the power was out and the only light was from Tony's fully charged phone, Peter's hand-held game, and his arc reactor (which was currently covered.)

"Daddy....." his four year old son said, hand gripping Tony's shirt where they sat on the bed together. They had been watching a cartoon when the light's cut out. Tony wrapped an arm around his son, knowing his fear of the dark. Peter curled closer to him, whimpering.

"Shhhhh.... you're alright." Tony tried his best to comfort his son, rocking back and forth and whispering calm words. But the storm only grew louder.

"I don't like the dark...." Peter whispered. "It's scary."

"I don't either, kid." He rubbed his son's back, and then he got an idea. Tony unzipped his jacket, allowing the arc reactor light to brighten the room. Peter peered at the light, face tinted blue.

"I will protect you, Pete. You don't have to be scared when I'm around, because I'm-"

"My Dad." Peter cut him off, looking up at him with the same caramel eyes Tony had, innocent and pure. He hugged his son closer as the child's eyes began to droop.

"Yeah, because I'm your Dad."