Little Angels

Requested by: Masonyourock2

~

Tony didn't usually take solo missions, not since before the Avengers. It felt good to have a team to back you up, and after they nearly broke up like a boy band over the Accords, he cherished them being a team.

But this mission was personal for the forty six year old.

Hydra had his kids.

The thought made Tony's blood boil with fury and throat tight with worry as he flew across the sky, leaving a track of blue behind him. Peter, Harley, and Morgan. It hurt him to imagine what they might be doing to them, his sweet, innocent kids.

He and Pepper had adopted the two boys just over a year ago, after May had suddenly passed along with Harley's mother. They had the anniversary party not two weeks previously, nine days before they were taken. Morgan, almost five, would celebrate here birthday in a week.

Five days. Hydra had taken his children five days ago.

So much could happen in five days.

It had been five sleepless nights for Tony and Pepper. Five days of worrying and looking. They had dragged the good fragments of SHIELD that were left to help them, Fury showing the compassion that he rarely let surface on his face.

He remembered the Avengers. Despite being separated, despite retiring near a year ago, had jumped in to help. Natasha, back from the dead after Steve took the soul stone back and gave it as a bargain, had orchestrated one of the largest searches Tony had ever seen.

Clint had came over two hours ago, when Tony felt like all hope was lost yet clinging to it feebly. That hope had sparked when Clint told him SHIELD had identified the base they were most likely keeping his innocent children.

The archer had also told him to stay and wait, to help create a plan, but at that point Tony was halfway in the suit, stuffing all the supplies he thought he needed in his pockets until he could fit no more, and ready to break the nearest window if it didn't open quick enough.

He was a bullet that wouldn't stop until his kids were safe in his arms. Thirteen layers of bullet proof glass wouldn't stop him.

He came apon the base, stealth mode on like it had been for the past two hours. It might have been better to have more of a plan and back up, he thought as he observed all the Hydra agent positioned around the perimeter. Some were marching in lines, one hundred men strong in some areas, and others stood at their posts.

All were armed up to their fingernails with weapons, wearing all black. They were just bare silhouettes against the twilight sky and the naked eye couldn't make out their faces from Tony's point in the sky.

He landed quietly, gears whirring so quietly he himself could barely hear them himself. It wouldn't be wise to take on so many guards at once, even Tony knew that.

He wouldn't take them on not because the armor couldn't stand the rain of bullets and blasts of energy that would come apon him as soon as he disengaged stealth mode. In fact, he's sure the armor could take all the hits and still rise with only a minuscule dent or scratched paint.

No, he wasn't going to challenge them because then whoever the operator of this base was would know he was here. They'd move his kids while he was stalled and Tony would be back at square one again.

He wasn't having that.

So the genius took a different approach. He got close the base, invisible to the eye and most technology, before taking out the nearest guard to a vent shaft. The man went down without a sound, the armor grabbing him and placing him on the dead grass.