Boredom

"Sooo......

"Soooo.....

"Soooooooooo.....

"Sooooooooooooooooo......"

"Soooooooooooooooooooooo-"

"I swear, if you two are having a competition on who can say "so" the longest, I am banning you from the lab." Tony said, peeking his head around the doorway to look at the two in the livingroom.

Harley and Peter were sprawled out on the couch, school books closed on the table. They had finished their homework a few minutes ago and spent time flicking through channels, deeming everything uninteresting.

"What else do you expect us to do, Dad?" Peter asked.

"We're boooorrreeeedddd," Harley complained.

The brunette boy sat up with a sudden idea. "How about the lab?"

Tony was quick to shoot that down. "Oh no, no lab unless I'm down there. Even then, Morgan is asleep and none of us can guarantee we won't make a lot of noise."

"We won't make anything explode," Harley said, the ten year old giving their father figure the best puppy dog eyes he had.

"No."

Harley and Peter groaned, but accepted the answer. The older boy flopped back onto the couch.

"C'mon guys, it's not that boring."

"Homework would be better than this," Harley grumbled.

"Do you want me to give you some?" Tony asked, amused.

"No!" Harley and Peter both protested instantly and loudly. Tony laughed.

"Well, I have to finish making supper. Your mom will be back home in two hours so whatever you decide to do, you better clean up afterward."

"What even can we do?" Peter asked.

"There's some board games in the hall closet." Their Dad said as he disappeared back into the kitchen.

"They're called board games for a reason, they just spelled it wrong," Harley mumbled. "They're boring."

"Or maybe they're a solution to boredom," Peter said, sitting up. "Let's go find them."

After a few minutes of searching through the closet, they found the stack of board games. Pulling them out, they found checkers, Monopoly, Go Fish, Chess, and Snakes and Ladders.

The two carried them back into the livingroom and sat them on the table, unstacking them.

"Snakes and Ladders?" Peter asked, holding up the game.

"Isn't that for kids? Like, smaller than Morg?"

"Yeah, I guess." He put the game to the side.

Harley tilted his head at one game. "How about Monopoly?"

"Nah, it's take too long and we'd end up trying to destroy each other."

"Fair point."

After discussing a few more of the games, they sagged back on the couch again, bored.

"If we can't agree on a game, how are we supposed to get rid of this evil known as boredom?" Harley groaned.

Peter straightened up with an idea, a light bulb practically shining over his head. "How about we make a game?"

Harley looked up at him, eyebrows going up with interest. "Make a game?"

"Yeah," Peter stood, guesturing to the table top filled with games. "We've got all these games. Who says we can't make one?"

The blonde grinned manically with his brother. "Let's get to work."

Thirty minutes later, they had created a game they called "Boredom Eliminator."

It was either that or "Wacky, Amazing, Definetly not Made by Teenagers."

"I summon a dragon!" Harley exclaimed, throwing his cards onto the checkers bored.

"I summon a wizard!" Peter said with the same enthusiasm, chucking his dice at the board and moving a chess piece forward.

"What the heck are you two doing?" Tony asked, walking in a leaning against the back of the couch. 

"Playing a game," the two supplied, too wrapped up to look at their Dad.

"That's not like any game I've ever seen, but have at it." The man said, subtly bringing out his phone. He snapped multiple pictures and sent the beat one to Pepper, Rhodey, Happy, and the Avengers with the caption: Look at these creative kiddos.

Pepper: They're definetly your kids

Tony: The fair rules are all you, Pep

Pepper: the creativity is all you, hon

Tony grinned, watching as Harley and Peter played their game. Morgan walked in, holding her teddy bear and blanket. She was immeadiately brought into Peter's embrace while Harley ruffled her brown curls and explained the game.

Yeah, these are their kids and they wouldn't trade them for the universe.