Flower Crowns

(This one is centered around a Nebula and Morgan sister relationship)

"I don't understand the meaning of this," Nebula said as Morgan placed a flower crown on her head. The four year old had pulled her out of the house to play in the yard.

Tony - Dad - had said it was okay, but to stay near the house and don't go in the woods. Nebula understood that their Dad would scour all twenty acres of land until he found them, choppers, agents, helicarrier, jets, x-rays, dogs, and all that.

He was very protective after the final battle. Not to say he wasn't protective before, but after finally getting everyone back he became extremely protective. Especially after his months of recovery to save his arm, where he couldn't do everything he could do before.

Peter and Harley were at school, both attending Midtown now, and Vision was in his room video chatting with Wanda.

Nebula herself did online college classes on engineering and a little bit of "squishy science" as her Dad called it. She had also found a passion in books.

"There is no meaning," Morgan said as she began fashioning another flower crown. Nebula leaned in to see as she wove stems together easily with delicate hands.

Her little sister - goodness, it was still strange. Morgan is her sister now, and Peter, Harley, and Vision are her brothers. Pepper and Tony are now her Mom and Dad. It was such a change, but Nebula found she.... liked it.

"Here," Morgan shook her out of her revere by pressing a handful of flowers into her metal palms. "You try."

And she did. She tried to weave the flowers all together like Morgan was, but kept accidentally crushing the flowers or messing up the little knot.

Morgan must have noticed because she reached over to help. She grasped Nebula'a hands in hers, saying, "Let me show you." Slowly, she guided Nebula's hands into making the knot and showing her how to be more gentle with the flowers.

"Daddy said we might could build a garden," Morgan said after Nebula got the hang of it.

"A garden?" Nebula asked curiously as she gently rubbed her fingers on the petals of a sky blue flower.

"Yeah! We could plant a bunch of pretty flowers. Maybe even a popsicle tree!" She giggled.

Nebula found herself smiling, too. "Definetly. Maybe some roses, too?"

Morgan nodded enthusiastically, nearly shaking off her flower crown. "Yes! We'll have the best garden of them all."

"Why's that?"

"Because we made it. Together. And Mommy says that the best things come when you work together. It's one reason why Daddy fought on a team."

"Yes. Working together proves to be very effective," Nebula said absentmindedly. She was hung up on what Morgan had said first, the happiness in her growing as she replayed it in her head.

Together. A team.