Midtown

Peter sat outside of Principal Mortia's office, legs kicking lightly in the uncomfortable plastic chair. He had been called here and told to wait outside until Mr. Mortia was done talking to some students who'd gotten in trouble earlier.

The teen didn't know why he'd been called to the office. He hadn't done anything bad, just came to school like normal. He had actually been really happy to come to school today as he had turned in his English paper, which he was very proud of.

The assignment had been about a really happy memory he had. He wrote about a certain night three months ago when he'd been adopted by Tony and Pepper Stark.

May was going to Europe for an amazing opportunity and couldn't take Peter with her. She had almost declined until Tony stepped in to say Peter could stay with him and Pepper. They were already parents to him and had been going to the tower after school on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, staying one or two Saturdays every month.

That night, they had signed the papers. It was sad May had to leave, but they'd call every night and she'd be able to visit every two months. Rhodey and Happy were there, too, and they spent the night watching movies and playing games, laughing and talking.

Like a family.

It was one of Peter's best memories and he had wrote about it. His family read it and loved it, he thought he actually might have saw a happy tear in his Dad's eye. Two pages later, he turned it into the basket on the teacher's desk and that was that.

He's been having a grand day until now, thirty minutes from the end of school, and he was sitting here by the office.

"Mr. Parker," Mr. Mortia called him in. Peter was legally Parker-Stark, it just hadn't been changed on the forms yet. He stood and walked into the office.

"Why am I here, Mr. Mortia?" He asked anxiously, trying not to twiddle his hands together as he sat in front of his principal's desk. The man pushed something toward him and Peter looked down.

His English paper. With one notable difference.

There was a big, red zero in the corner.

"Sir?"

"What is the meaning of this?" The principal asked, crossing his arms with a stern look in his eye.

"My English paper? I don't understand, sir."

Mr. Mortia sighed. "Mr. Parker, you wre a good student, but you can't keep telling these lies."

Peter felt like his heart had just shattered. "They're not-"

"The internship was one thing, but adoption? You can't keep living these fantasies."

"But-"

"Mrs. Fern is letting you redo it, but you'll only get half credit at most," he gave the paper to him. Peter, out of shock, took it. "I expect it done by tomorrow and that you will stop telling these lies to your classmates that you know Tony Stark."

The teens mouth opened and closed as he tried to form words, but gave up after a few seconds. "Yes, Mr. Mortia."

The bell rang, shrill and loud. "Good. You are dismissed, Mr. Parker."

Peter wasted no time getting out of there. His eyes began to sting and he blinked back the tears. He couldn't cry. Not with all his classmates around him as they made their way through the halls. The teen quickly grabbed his backpack and homework from his locker and made his way briskly out the building.

Ned was sick with the flu so Peter would be walking alone today.

He was almost to the parking lot where he knew his Dad was waiting at the very end in one of the less flashy cars, when Flash Thompson stepped in front of him.