Meet the fam - AU (Part 1)

There are two facts Tony had kept from the press for near ten years. Hey, no one can blame him, those people with cameras can sometimes be vultures with new information.

One: Tony's been married to Pepper Potts for twelve years.

Two: He has three children.

The eldest is Peter, who he adopted when he was only two after his parents, fellow engineers and close friends to him, past away in a plane crash. He and Pepper had immeadiately taken in the wide eyed, brown haired boy and got the papers for adoption through as soon as they could.

Peter was nine now, or, if you asked him, nine and 5/12ths. He was still bright eyed and curious with many Star Wars posters about his room and a science kit always open on his desk.

Their second oldest is Harley, who was also adopted into the Stark family. He had been three years old and his mother had just recently passed away. His father didn't want him. Pepper and Tony fell in love with him and adopted him within a month.

He was now seven with the same Star Wars obsession as his brother and a blooming passion for fixing cars.

His third and youngest child was four year old Morguana H. Stark, his and Pepper's biological daughter. But that didn't mean they loved her anymore than Harley or Peter, they loved all their children equally with all their hearts.

She loved to draw and play with robots. For a month, she begged Tony to let her take apart the toaster before he gave under the condition he would be there the entire time and help on the tricky parts.

But that secret was about to be revealed. Not to the press, but to the Avengers, his comerades of two days. Not even Natasha, who had spied on him two years before, knew he had children or that he was married to Pepper.

That kiss on the rooftop was not their first, it was one of the many loving kisses they had shared.

Tony was currently leading the Avengers into his partly destroyed penthouse after the alien invasion. He grinned and cracked jokes the whole way, trying to cover up the tension that surely marred his shoulders.

He just wanted to get out and call Pepper to make sure she and their kids were safe.

"Just go call her, Stark, I'll handle the tour," Natasha said, rolling her eyes.

"Thanks, red," he said, wasting no time in sprinting out the room. He could hear the other Avengers asking questions, but didn't really care at the moment. All he wanted was to hear the voice of his wife and the laughs of his children.

Once in his room, he practically tore his phone from his pocket, fingers flying across the screen.

"Pepper, I love you," he said as soon as the line clicked that she was listening. "And I'm so sorry. I know you were watching the television, I'm so sorry you had to see that-"

He was cut off by his wife's soothing voice. "I know, I know. I know you had to do it."

"Understand I will always try to make it home to you and the kids. Always.'

"We love you, too. Just please don't try and do something like that again."

"I'll try." He knew he couldn't make any promises with his line of work, and she knew that.

"They want to talk to you." Tony didn't have to ask to know who 'they' were. He could hear the murmur of voices in the background. "I'm putting you on speaker."

"Hey kiddos," Tony greeted, feeling himself grin. "How's the jet ride?" He hoped they didn't see the TV. He hoped they didn't see him fall.

"Great as always," Harely said.

"Peter ate the last cookie you made," Morgan piped up from the background.

"Did not!" Said boy protested.

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

Tony couldn't help but chuckle. While Pepper was a good cook, his kids enjoyed what he made. From cookies to spaghetti, he followed his mother and Jarvis's recipes he'd memorized long ago.

He cooked half the time he was home, but he didn't mind. He loved cooking and loved the smiles on his family's faces even more.

"I'll make another batch, it'll be ready when you all get here." Que explosion of cheers. He hears another click as Pepper turned off speaker phone. "Also, Pep, could the Avengers stay for a bit? I kinda invited them."

"Of course," she responded. "Anything for the heroes who saved the world. Do they know?"

"No, I wanted to wait a bit and talk to you first."

"Do they know I'm your wife?"

"No. Not even Natasha knows."

"Well then," he could hear the smile in her voice. "This will be a big surprise for them."

"No doubt about it, hon. See you soon. I love you."

"We love you, too, Tony."

The call ended and Tony put his phone back in his pocket. "Jarvis, where are the Avengers?"

"In the common room on the floor below you, sir."

"Alright." Tony clapped as he made his way toward the elevator. "How far out are Pepper and the kids?"

"Three hours, sir."

He nodded and the elevator opened. All eyes turned to him as he walked in.

"Done talking to Pepper?" Natasha asked. Tony nodded.

"Who is Pepper?" Clint sounded lile he'd asked that a million times.

"My girlfriend." He watched as all but the red head and Bruce's eyes bugged out. The genius smirked and sat down on the end of the couch beside Bruce, looking down at the boardgame on the table. It was Peter's, one of the only board games with all the pieces left. "Shall we play?"

___

Most the other Avengers ended up not meeting his family that day. Tired and  worn, all but Bruce retired to the guest rooms he'd set up for them to use.

Tony and Bruce on the other hand went down to the lab.

"Will we get to meet Pepper?" Bruce asked as they pulled Tony's battered suit apart, holograms floating above it to show every damaged area. So, pretty much the whole suit.

"They should be here in about fifteen minutes, so you'll get to."

"They?" The other scientist asked, intrigued. Tony just smiled at him.

A few minutes later, Jarvis piped up. "They're in the elevator, sir."

Tony stood with Bruce. He smiled at the other man and clapped him on the shoulder. "To the livingroom. They'll be thrilled to meet you."

"Who is 'they'?" Bruce asked again as they headed upstairs, Tony taking them two at a time.

"My family."