To Be a Child...

This book is not dead. I'll try and update more.

It's not every day that your mentor gets turned into a four year old. Peter was glad about that, but it didn't change that he was no holding a child Tony Stark in his arms and that Nick Fury was standing in front of him, telling him that he needed to keep the kid safe until he turned back to normal, which would be in twenty-four hours.

The sixteen year old shifted the child in his arms awkwardly. It felt weird to know that this four year old was his forty-seven year old father figure. Not that he'd tell Mr. Stark that last part.

"Wait, did you say twenty four hours?" Peter asked, voice going up an octave in pitch. They were standing just outside the medical bay in the Avengers Compound, Peter still dressed in his state of the art Spider-man suit. The remaining Avengers who had not gone rogue had battled a wizard who had gone off the rails just two hours ago, Peter ditching his seventh period Chemistry class when his watch went off with a news alert about it.

He would get an earful from Mr. Stark and May later, he knew. He shuddered just thinking about it.

Fury let out a slightly annoyed sigh. Peter didn't know if he should be offended or not. "Yes," he responded gruffly. "At exactly 1:49 tomorrow, Stark will be back to his annoying self again. That's what the wizard told us, anyway." The cloaked man started walking down the hall toward the exit.

"But would if he's not telling the truth?" Peter asked. Fury paused and glanced back over the shoulder.

"Then we'll figure something out," he said before disappearing into the hallway. Peter didn't know where he was heading, but he could guess that it was to the remainder of SHIELD. Nick Fury had come out of hiding not long ago, offering his help. They'd accepted, but only because they were down to a handful of Avengers.

Peter was left alone outside the med bay, his heart pounding out a fast rhythm. What was he supposed to do? He didn't know how to take care of a kid, much less a child prodigy. How different would this child be from his Mr. Stark? When was he supposed to feed him? Did he like ham or turkey sandwiches? When was he supposed to put him in bed?

Then, he heard Tony's voice in his head: Breathe, kid. Breathe. It'll all be okay.

It was then that Peter realized he was nearly hyperventilating and made an effort to calm himself down, closing his eyes for a few seconds. His heart slowly calmed down to a point where Peter wasn't afraid it was going to burst out of his chest. His head cleared and he opened his eyes, gazing down at the sleeping four year old who's head was rested on his shoulder. He hadn't seen many pictures of Mr. Stark when he was young - most were in black and white, too.

Tony had the same curly hair, even if it was a little darker than it was when he was older. Not a grey hair in sight. It wasn't gelled back, either, instead falling over his closed eyes. When the wizard transformed him, he also changed his clothes. He no longer wore his track suit, but a dark blue shirt, jeans, and blindingly white sneakers. The clothes looked very expensive, but Peter wasn't surprised considering that Howard Stark had been a millonaire in his time and it looked like the wizard had taken Mr. Stark straight out of a younger time.

That arose more questions in the sixteen year old's brain. How much did he remember? Did he remember anything? In his mind, what was he doing before? Did he even know who Peter was? How would he react?

He was beginning to panic again. What would Mr. Stark do? He bit his lip, thinking. Mr. Stark nearly always acted on impulse. He made plans as he went when he didn't have time and while little Mr. Stark was asleep for now, how long would he be asleep for?