4

A loud screeching alarm woke Megan up. They groggily fumbled around for the alarm clock, and pressed the off button to gain a few more moments of sleep. They pulled the covers closer to them, snuggling deep into them for more warmth. Then, they paused. This wasn't their bed. That wasn't their alarm clock. And someone was pressed against them. They turned around, and found themself nearly nose to nose with Loki. A few more seconds of confusion, and they realized they were naked. From what they could see of Loki, he was at least shirtless, and they didn't want to know any more than that. That's when it fully kicked in. They were both naked and were sleeping in the same bed.

Abort! Abort! Abort! Megan sat up and grabbed the silk blanket and pulled it to cover their chest, looking frantically around for something to wear. After checking to see if there was a sheet underneath, they tugged the blanket off the bed and wrapped it around themself. They turned, and pulled open the closet door then rustled through it in search of anything wearable.

"You're bleeding," Loki's voice rang out behind them.

They jumped, and turned around, clutching the cover closer to them. Loki had just woken, and was apparently not completely aware of the situation, as he was trying to stand up and make his way towards them. Megan squeaked, and covered their eyes with one hand.

"Don't move!" They warned. The rustling of the sheets paused, then began again, and they could hear Loki's footsteps saunter towards them.

His lips brushed their ear and they shivered as he whispered, "You can open your eyes, darling, I'm decent."

Megan opened they eyes, and made eye contact with Loki, gazing into his eyes. A moment passed, and Megan stepped back uncomfortably. Loki blinked, then came back to the present and turned them around gently. His hands gently moved aside their bob, and a light chill spread across their head.

"There you go." He briefly brushed his hands against the acne scars that dotted their shoulders and back, then pulled away. Megan turned to look at Loki again, and he smiled at them gently. "I'll leave you to get dressed." Then he walked out of the room.

Megan hesitated, staring after him for a moment, then remembered they were completely naked except for the thin silken blanket covering them. They turned back to the closet, and searched for a hoodie and pair of jeans, but there didn't seem to be any. The only comfortable clothes that were there were obviously meant for Loki, and the only clothes that were on their side of the closet were short dresses. They grabbed one at random, then pulled out a drawer and tried to find any bra or panty that wasn't uncomfortably showy. All there was to choose from was push-up or strapless bras and g-strap panties.

"I now know why god has abandoned this timeline," they muttered, only half joking.

They got dressed quickly, and shuffled out of the bedroom. Loki was sitting at the dining room table, sipping a cup of tea and reading a book that they recognized as The Odyssey.

"I love that book," they piped up.

Loki looked up, coolly reflecting on their outfit. He skimmed over their showing cleavage, down to the mini-skirt short dress. Megan tugged the hem of the dress a few inches down self-consciously.

"You look..." Loki trailed off. "Stunning, but quite uncomfortable."

"Oh." Megan had no idea how to respond to that.

He slipped a bookmark between the pages of his book and set it off to the side, pulling a piece of paper and a small pamphlet forward.

"These were on the table," he said.

Megan stepped forward and sat down at the table, leaning forward to read the paper.

The man of this household shall care for the town's finances. All papers will be delivered from the town hall directly to this house. There is an office for work purposes. The wife shall clean the house and cook meals. She shall take care of any errands her husband needs done, and shall care for any of her husband's sexual needs. Once a child is procured, the wife shall be in charge of caring for and schooling the child. Included is a guide to all of the laws to be followed under this new government.

Megan pushes the letter over to Loki, and grabbed the pamphlet of laws. It was filled to the brim with unnecessary and oppressing laws. Women are beneath men and shall obey them. Said one law. Men shall have complete control over the household and all those in it. Said another. Bile rose in Megan's throat, and they forced it down sickeningly. They stood quickly, and walked over to the kitchen, pulling open the cabinets and drawers as they went. They looked over their contents, mentally making note of where the silverware, dishes, pots, and pans were. They frowned, turning to Loki.

"Do you know where-" they cut themself off when they saw Loki standing behind them, holding out their lanyard and the black ring they had been wearing on their middle finger. "Oh. Thank you."

"What are you doing?" He asked, peering over their shoulder at all the drawers they had opened.

"Um, I was going to make an inventory of where everything was, so that I can find it later." They explained. "I, uh, I figured it would be easier than going through all of the drawers whenever I needed something."

Loki offered them a small smile. "Clever. Would you like me to help?"

"I- Uh, well you don't have to if you don't want to, I mean, I can do it if you want." Megan winced, and tucked their right foot behind their ankle, rubbing the back of their leg.

He chuckled. "It's no problem. I can help."

"Oh, okay." They muttered.

They reached up and closed their fingers around their lanyard and ring, then set them on the countertop. They pulled a few sketchbooks and novels from their lanyard before they found their notebooks. They handed one to Loki, and kept the other for themself then pulled out two pencils and did the same. They glanced around the kitchen quickly, then turned back to Loki.

"How about you take that side, and I'll take this side." They pointed to the left, then to the right.

Loki complied, and they quickly got to work. Megan drew a brief 3-D sketch of their side of the kitchen, and labeled the cupboards and drawers based on what they had inside of them. Loki was just pulling out the pots when the doorbell rang. Megan glanced at Loki, and while he stood to make for the door, he was surrounded by pots and pans.

"I'll get it," they said.

They rounded the corner and pulled open the door. A man stood there with two boxes. He handed them to them with a clipboard.

"Just sign there." He pointed to a line on the paper.

"Oh, um... okay. Just a second."

Megan placed the boxes on the floor, took the clipboard and signed on the line and handed it back to him. He smiled, and rushed forward quickly, pinning them against the wall.

"I've been looking for a good fuck," he said, grinning maliciously.

Megan panicked, and kneed him in the crotch. He groaned, and bent forwards. Then he came to his senses and slapped them in the face.

"You bitch!" He screamed, then Megan pushed him outside and slammed the door in his face.

"What in the nine realms was that about?" Loki's voice behind them made them jump.

"Um, it was nothing," they said, brushing their hair in front of the cheek that was slapped, in an effort to hide the red handprint that was forming. They leaned down and grabbed the boxes and lugged them over to the dining table, setting them down heavily. "I think this is the paperwork for you. I can finish up the rest of the organizing."

Loki eyed them suspiciously, but he let the matter drop, and took the box to his office. Megan sighed, and knelt to reach the freezer, pulling it open and scooping up a few ice cubes. They put the ice in a plastic bag and pressed it to their cheek. They were not looking forward to living here.