16

Trigger Warning: Implied rape/non-con and abuse

Megan woke up to someone touching them.

"No!" They whimpered, eyes darting around as they scuttled backwards, breath quickening. "Don't touch- don't touch me!" They flinched away, trembling uncontrollably.

"Shhh, shhh. It's okay. It's just me."

They finally focused on the person in front of them. Loki. They felt tears leak down their cheeks, and they slumped into Loki, wrapping their arms around him.

"I- I-" They began, unable to find the right words.

"It's okay. I'm here now. It's okay." He stroked their head, weaving his fingers through their hair soothingly.

"He said- he said if I didn't-" they broke off with a sob.

"Hey, you don't need to talk about it."

"He said- he said- he'd kill you." Megan curled up closer to Loki, who'd frozen.

"You went through... that. For me? Why?"

"I- I like you. I don't want anything to happen to you."

Loki wrapped his arms around them and pulled them onto his lap, rocking back and forth. "I promise, nothing will happen to me. And I'll never let anything happen to you again."

"I can't figure out a way to get out of it. He's going to want to see me again tomorrow. The law..."

"Hey, all laws have loopholes. I'll find one, I promise," Loki soothed. They buried their face in his chest, and listened to the beating of his heart, trying to ignore the roaring of their own.

"You-" Megan broke off.

"Yes?"

"Just- I think you look pretty when you're blue," they admitted, looking up at him and waiting for his reaction.

"You- you do?" He asked, uncertain for the first time since Megan had met him. "But- why?"

"It's a nice color. Flexible. It means different things.  Kind of like you. It suits you."

Loki seemed to be contemplating this. "Most people say blue is a sad, cold color."

"It's the color of the sky, isn't it? People say the sky is soft. And winter. Winter is soothing, isn't it? I mean, with your reasoning, Thor would be a bad guy, right? Red usually stands for anger, and evil, and..." They trailed off, noticing Loki staring at her. "What?"

"I- I think I might love you."

"Oh."

"I understand if you don't feel the same way, I mean we haven't known each other for very long, and I've hurt you-" He rambled.

"Loki-"

"I get that we don't know very much about each other, but you're the first person I've cared this much about-"

"Loki-"

"I'd like for us to get to know each other more-"

"Loki!" They finally got his attention. "I think I might love you too. I um, well, I haven't loved anybody before, and I get that you haven't either, but, uh, I'd like to figure it out with you."

Loki gaped at them for a moment, then swallowed. "Can I kiss you?"

"Oh! Um, yeah. I'd like that." They leaned up and pressed their lips to his. A chill ran through their body, raising goosebumps. They pulled away, a smile gracing their lips.

"Brother!" A voice boomed. Megan flinched back, heart pounding.

"Thor!" Loki hissed, brushing his thumbs over their knuckles. "Calm yourself."

"Apologies, Lady Megan, I did not mean to startle you." He bowed to them. Loki twined his hands through their hair, and they slumped forwards, cuddling against him. They yawned.

"Just a moment, Thor," Loki slipped one arm under the crook of their knee, lifting them gently.

"Whee!" They whispered, and Loki's mouth quirked into a smile. As he walked, they pressed their face against his chest, listening to the drumroll of his heart, and attempting to mimic his breathing. In... out... in... out...