2:5

They went through the portal arm in arm, Megan pressing a kiss to his knuckles before the inevitable. On the other side of the portal, after their vision cleared, they were greeted with the Avengers' power pose.

"Hello, I don't believe we've been introduced," Megan said, clinging to Loki a bit tighter. "I'm Megan Porter."

"Ma'am, I need you to step away from the criminal," Captain America said.

Their eye twitched at the misgendering, but they set that aside for the moment. "Afraid not, Captain. I'm his lawyer."

They were met with a moment of pregnant silence.

"...Lawyer?" Mr. Stark reiterated.

"Yes. I am arguing on behalf of my client, Loki Porter, of Jotunheim and Asgard, that his criminal status and ban from Midgard be revoked."

"What?" "Absolutely not!" "Thor!" "I can't believe-"

Megan cut them all off with a raise of their hand. "If you'll excuse us, I'd like to talk to my client in private. Will he be required to serve in remand, or will he be allowed to post bail during the appeal?"

"Er..." The men all looked to each other. "Does anyone have a lawyer on speed dial?" Mr. Stark joked.

"I propose that my client be allowed to seek separate lodgings until a legal censure on the matter can be reached," they suggested. "I would give you the address of his lodgings."

"Ah, um, I guess?"

"Here-" they picked a business card from their pocket. "My address and personal and business phone numbers." They were met with blank stares. They sighed, rolled their eyes, and stepped forward, tucking the card into Mr. Stark's breast pocket. "It was a pleasure meeting you all." They shook each person's hand, and Loki did the same, which seemed to have the same effect as had a velociraptor asked to pass the table salt.

They crossed the room to the elevator, keeping a polite and emotion free expression. That is, until the doors closed.

"Oh my god I just met the Avengers!" They looked at Loki, barely containing a shriek.

"The look on their faces!" He let out a bark of laughter. They leaned into him, giggling uncontrollably, and pressed their head against his shoulder.

"I gave them my address! And my number!" At this, Loki collapsed into laughter as well.

"Wait until they learn we're married!"

Ding! The door opened, and they both ignored the crowds of Stark Industry employees and various S.H.I.E.L.D agents, instead hanging off of each other as they snickered like a couple of tweens. Loki made for the regular doors, but Megan tugged him towards the revolving doors.

"Come on!" They said. "These ones are more fun!"

"How are some doors more fun than others?" Loki asked.

"Well-" they paused before the doors for dramatic effect. "These ones spin!" They darted into one compartment and set it in motion with a shove. After a spin around, they hopped out, grinning up at Loki. A corner of his mouth quirked up, and the air shimmered around them as he followed, scooping them in his arms and spinning twice 'round.

He stumbled as they exited, nearly running over a businessman.

"Sorry!" Megan called after him, although they'd received no more than a disgruntled side-eye. They looked up at Loki. "So, do your powers include teleportation? Because otherwise you're going to have to set me down so I can hail a cab."

"I need to know where I'm going," he explained. "If I have previously seen your living quarters I could teleport there, but..."

"Could you view my memories? Would that work?" They asked.

He blinked. "Well... I suppose, yes, that would work."

They laughed. "Come on then!" They stretched their arms up to press their fingers against his temples.

His eyes slid shut, and a green ripple over the two of them, switching the setting as it receded.

"Tada!" Megan made jazz hands. "My apartment. Oh!" They perked up. "Wait, wait, wait, let me down." They tapped his chest repeatedly, before rolling out of his arms. They wandered into a different room. "Ck, ck, ck, ck, ck. You hungry, baby?" They called out.

"I could do with a small snack," Loki answered, perplexed.

They giggled, picking up a small bag and shaking it. Sure enough, a streak of gray sprinted into the room. They scooped some food into a bowl and crouched down, setting it in front of Pebbles. Per usual, she was more interested in receiving pets, so they sat crosslegged and let her clamber into their lap.

"Loki!" They called, and listened to his footsteps cross the hall. He looked around the doorframe, brow furrowing as he laid eyes on the cat in their lap.

"What..." He trailed off.

"Shh... Shh..." They consoled Pebbles, as she tensed, ready to escape. "Come, on!" They teased, as Loki hesitated. Slowly, he knelt before them.

"What is it?" He asked.

"She's a cat. Midgardians keep them as pets." Megan explained, warmth pooling in their chest at the wonderstruck expression on his face. His hand reached out, then hesitated.

"Can I..."

"Yeah. She doesn't like people, so let her sniff you first." They guided his hand in front of her nose, and he gasped as she licked his fingers, nudging against him in search for scratches. "Scratch her under the collar and she'll love you forever." He smiled and glanced up at them, before reaching under her collar.

"What is it doing?" A flash of panic flew across his face.

"Hmm?" They glanced down. "Oh! She's just purring. It means she's happy. She likes you." His face lit up.

"She does?" He leaned closer, seemingly satisfied his fingers wouldn't be bitten off. They gazed softly as he pet Pebbles, and giggled as his eyes drooped, closing for a second. "What?" He snapped back awake.

"Come on, sleepyhead," they teased, scooping Pebbles into their arms.

Loki followed them into their bedroom, yawning as he curled beneath the covers. They set Pebbles onto her bed and climbed in behind Loki, wrapping their arms around him.

"Love you," he murmured, slipping into sleep.