2:2

"I'll go." They volunteered

"No!" Loki whipped her head around.

"Loki, the women will feel more comfortable around me. They know me."

"You could get hurt!"

They quirked an eyebrow. "I am a black belt in karate. I know how to deal with douchebags." Loki sighed, and Megan smiled. "I'll meet you back here once I've gotten everyone. You guys just get the portal or whatever open so we're all set to go." Jason slipped them their phone, and they smiled at him and pulled Loki into a brief kiss. "I'll see you in a bit." They could feel her eyes on them as they closed the garage door.

They drove, tensing up each time another car passed them on the road. Thank god for their androgynous look. They unlocked their phone with one hand while they pulled into the first driveway. Photos... Folder 2... They knocked on the door.

"Get in the car." The woman in the doorway glanced over her shoulder. "I'll deal with him. Is he one of these men?" They held up their phone, displaying a group of mugshots.

"Yeah-" She croaked. "Yes. He's there."

They nodded. "Get in the car, okay? You're safe now." The woman pulled them into a long hug, then scampered off.

Megan caught the door before it slammed shut, and stepped lightly inside. A rush of movement sprung them into action, blocking the punch and swinging him around into a headlock. They snapped his neck.

They drove away with no regrets.

————

Men in Folder 2 were killed. Men in Folder 3 or those who beat their wives were incapacitated. A spare few men Megan let follow them in their own cars. Of course, the soldiers were more difficult, especially the higher ranking ones, but once they realized it was upwards of forty heartily pissed off women against one man barely able to swing a good punch? Practically a joke.

They swung around in the car seat. "Are we missing anyone? Anybody have friends who aren't here?" They women shook their heads. They rolled down the window and asked the men parked beside them. They didn't know of anyone either.

"Well then, we're going home. So everyone is prepared, there will be men at my house. If you are uncomfortable with that, I have separate rooms you can go in. The shower is open to anyone, and if you're comfortable, I'd like to meet with everyone after we're back in our world. Just remember you don't have to do anything you don't want. You're safe now."
They shifted their gaze to look each woman in the eyes. "I'm so proud of all of you for surviving. You're so brave- I wish you didn't have to be. I'll be here for all of you. Whenever you need someone. If you need help- with anything- I'm here. The time, the cost, the person, it doesn't matter. You matter more. And know- please, please know- none of this was your fault. You didn't deserve it, it wasn't a punishment, or karma, you weren't asking for it. You just lost the gamble women were forced into."
Their eyes teared up, and they swiped at their face. "I'm going to stop talking now, before I can't see clear enough to drive."

They drove, the sound of sniffles and breathy gasps filling the atmosphere. As they stepped onto the porch, one woman grabbed their wrist, pulling them into a hug. Tears streamed down both their cheeks. No words were spoken. No words were needed.