7

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains non-con groping and implies possible rape

Loki managed to make it down the driveway before they both realized they had no idea where they were going.

"I guess we can just drive around - learn where everything is," Megan suggested. "It'll give you a chance to practice your driving?"

Loki reached for the stick, but paused, thinking. "You've seen me do magic. How are you so impartial?" Loki asked.

"Oh, um, I'm pretty sure I'm in shock. It'll all kick in eventually."

Loki glanced at them. "Is that a normal reaction for Midgardians?"

"Yeah, we're pretty good at disassociating. Maybe turn left?"

He paused, but turned left and began driving.

Megan stared out the window as trees and look houses passed slowly by. Squirrels jumped from branch to branch, and birds dive bombed to catch chipmunks. They grew increasingly uncomfortable in the silence. A particularly vicious pot hole finally got Loki to speak up.

"Sorry about that," he said, grimacing and gripping the steering wheel a bit tighter.

"Huh?" Megan asked. "Oh, um, it's fine."

And they went back to staring uncomfortably out the window. God, this was the worst. Fifteen minutes of random driving went by, and they still hadn't found any shops. All of a sudden, flashing lights caught Megan's eye, and sirens blared.

"Oh, shit." They straightened, and put their hands on the dashboard.

"Megan?" Loki hissed. "What do I do? What's going on?"

"We're getting pulled over. Just slow down and park on the side of the road. Then," they continued as Loki followed their instructions, "put your hands on the dashboard like I'm doing. Then the cops won't think you're reaching for a weapon."

"I could just kill him," Loki suggested as he pulled to a stop.

"No!" Megan whisper-screamed. "Definitely do not do that!" They shushed Loki just as the cop rapped on the window. "Loki, you have to roll down the window. The button next to the handle." He clicked the button and the window rolled down an inch before stopping. "Hold the button until the window is all the way down."

The window finally opened, but the cop did not look happy about the delay.

"Did you know that you were heading out of town?" He asked Loki.

"We do not know where anything is, so of course we did not know we were headed out of town," Loki responded snidely. "My... wife recommended we head this way to find the marketplace."

Megan winced at Loki's tone, and the officer turned his gaze on them, angrier yet. He rounded the car and opened the passenger seat door, yanking them out and slamming them onto their stomach on the side of the car. Loki opened his door and got out as well.

"What in Hel do you think you're doing?" He asked angrily.

"Searching for contraband," the cop answered easily as he ran his hands over their body.

"Oh, come on. Do you really expect her to have contraband? We haven't even been here for a day, where would she get anything? Let alone hide it?"

The officer rubbed his crotch against them, and reached his hands under their bra to grope them. They gasped, and Loki made to stop the officer, but they shook their head and averted their eyes. The officer pinched their ass, and then with one last grind, withdrew himself.

"Looks like you're clean. But you'd better turn around; don't let me catch you doing this sort of thing again." The officer announced, and he went back to his car and drove away.

Megan slipped back into their seat and buried their head in their hands.

"Are you okay?" Loki asked.

They plastered a fake smile on their face and sat back. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Just... a bit shaken."

"Why did you let him get away with that?" He asked. "No man should do something like that and get away with it!"

"Loki, he had a gun. He's an officer of the law," she stated blatantly. He still didn't seem to get it. "He would have killed the both of us and gotten away with it. Honestly, I'm lucky to have just gotten away with..." They trailed off.

Loki gritted his teeth and gripped the steering wheel angrily. Goosebumps erupted over Megan's skin, and they reached to close the air conditioning vent, but found that no air was blowing out of it. Peculiar.

"Loki." They reached over and laid a hand on his shoulder. "Just... forget about it, okay? It was nothing."

He turned the car around and headed back the way they'd came. Sure enough, they ran into a small shopping center just a few minutes after passing their house.

Before they got out of the car, Loki stopped them. "I want you to stay near me. I don't trust these Midgardian men." They nodded, but he gripped their arm tighter. "Promise me."

"Yeah. I promise," they said, a bit startled at Loki's protectiveness.

He released them, and once they got out of the car Megan grabbed a few stacks of money, sticking them in their bottomless lanyard.

They followed the sidewalk to the main door, and Loki wrapped an arm around their waist as they stepped inside. They wandered around the complex and scouted out stores and prices. Megan also checked out the people. The scarce women were dressed in the same manner as them, and quite a few had badly covered up bruises. The men gave them either brief glances or sensual gazes. They certainly knew which one they preferred.

The prices, though inflated, weren't as bad as Megan had expected, so they ended up buying plenty of canned foods, and a fair amount of expiring food. They bought everything on the list, and much more. As an afterthought, Megan threw in a few boxes of Hot Chocolate mix. Generally, any attention directed towards them ended at either wolf whistles or catcalls, a feat, Megan suspected, was due to Loki's icy glares.

Just as they were leaving, a man dared to grab their ass, and Loki swiftly grabbed him by the neck and slammed him against the wall. He leaned in and whispered angrily into the man's ear.

"You're a fucking psychopath!" The man gasped, as he blanched. Loki's grip tightened, and Megan rushed forward to grab his arm.

"Loki! Loki, it doesn't matter. It... he... it wasn't that bad. Just... just let him go, okay?"

He hesitated, but threw the man to the floor, looking down at him in disgust. He flared his nostrils, but turned, and stalked off, leaving Megan to hurry after him. He drove them home, and didn't even bother to cover up his anger. He stormed inside, and didn't come out of their room the entire night.