18

Groggily, his eyes opened. It was cold. Too cold. How long had he been out?

"Brother! You're awake!" He winced, the noise penetrating his skull like a jackhammer.

"Quiet your voice, Thor, you'll startle Megan," He grumbled, pulling himself to a seating position.

"No he won't," snapped an unfamiliar voice.

"Who-" He scanned the woman, looking for an indication of who she was. Then it hit him sharp as a whip. "No."

"Yeah."

"No!" He looked to Thor for support. He merely shook his head. "No! NO!"

"I am sorry, brother."

Loki glared at him. "You could have stopped her. Why didn't you stop her!"

"I didn't know. She snuck out at night." Thor shook his head. "I couldn't do anything once I discovered what she'd done."

"She wanted me to tell you something," the woman interjected. Loki's mind filled with an urge to stab someone. "She said, and I quote, 'Like you said, all laws have loopholes.'" She made finger quotes as she spoke.

"I'm going to the bathroom," Loki said tightly. He stumbled to his feet, and the woman rushed forward to help him. "Do not touch me!" He snarled, throwing her hands off of him, stomping off and slamming the door behind him. He grasped at his hair, a scream begging to tear through him. He sighed, and sat on the toilet seat lid, burying his head in his hands. A flash of pink caught his eye. He glanced over, and found a plastic strip in the trash bin, partially covered with crumpled balls of paper. He plucked the strip from the trash and turned it over absentmindedly. He froze. Blinked. No.

Pregnant.