Phase 2: Chapter 1

Trigger Warnings: Mentions of abuse, rape/non-con, miscarriage

Loki went out every day. Searching. Scanning. After a while, he inferred a pattern. And each day he was horrified by what he found. She was so damaged. Bruises. Cuts. Sometimes she would have trouble walking. She wouldn't survive long if this continued. Each glimpse fueled him further. Somehow, she persevered. Until she didn't. One day, she didn't show in the market. A week went by, and nothing. Loki nearly cried when he saw her again.

Dark circles underneath her eyes. A flat stomach. Four months. Too soon.

Each day, after she had left the market, so did he, arriving back 'home' - as if he could even call it that without her there - and poured through law books, case files, anything and everything the government produced. Anything that he could find to help get her back.

As he slammed yet another book shut, he snapped, sweeping the book off the table and slamming it against the wall. He gripped the edge of the table, gritting his teeth as he tried to breathe in and out.

"Brother," Thor prodded. "We will find a way."

"Find a way to what?"

At the new voice, Thor and Loki threw themselves on guard, whipping out knives and summoning Mjolnir. Armored soldiers stood in the middle of the living room, but not the soldiers Loki was accustomed to seeing, the chunky black metal was replaced with form fitting white leather highlighted in red, with a logo- a red 'A' on the left chest. That logo was familiar. Where...

The helmets retracted, and Loki audibly groaned. This would not go over well. One was the man Loki- although he was not himself, as he had to remind himself time and time again- had mind controlled during the Battle of New York. The man had a grudge against him, that would seemingly last until the end of time. There was a small child, and another man, both of whom Loki had never seen before. The second man stepped forwards.

"Where's Megan?" He asked. His voice had a feminine lilt to it. Perhaps that was a Midgardian trait, similar to their red hair.

"Who are you?" Thor deflected, adjusting his grip on Mjolnir.

"This is Jason. He insisted on coming with us." With the way Agent Barton spoke, he was inclined against such an action. "And this is Peter. He's our portable genius. Bruce is on the other side."

"Other side?"

The young boy, Peter, launched into an explaination. "Basically, um, because of the Infinity Stones being used so often, it wore on the fabric of the universe, so, like, a bunch of random people got pulled into a pocket dimension, and we're here to get you guys back."

Clint tossed Thor a box what seemed to be rectangular sugar pastries. "Yeah, we're looking for Megan in particular, there was a pretty big uproar when she - sorry, they, vanished mid-speech in the middle of Radio City Theatre."

"Megan is currently living with my former husband, Samuel Fockman."

Jason blinked quickly. "Woah, wait a sec. Husband?"

"A few months after we arrived here-"

"Months?"

"Yes months, what-"

"Time must work differently-"

"Silence!" Loki erupted. "After we arrived in this pocket dimension, a government formed, and everyone came together to discuss what had happened to us. The government seized control of us, moving us all to this town. We were given a list of laws, very oppressive to women, and were paired into couples. Megan and I were married. Our neighbor, Samuel Fockman, raped Megan for many months. Megan agreed to marry him in order to procure a cure for my illness. Is there more you need to know, or can we get Megan and leave?"