War Cry

Astrid's POV

We were going to attack Grimmel's camp tonight. But this wasn't an attack. This was hopefully the final battle of the war. We had the upper-hand. We know where they are. We can move faster. We can attack them.

"Hiccup?" I called.

"What?"

"How much of the dragon root antidote do you have?" I asked.

"Enough for one vial per dragon and an extra five on each leader in case anyone can't get it."

"Will it be enough?"

"If it's not then... I don't know. Hopefully, it will be."

"So. Are you going to tell everyone before we go to war?" Delta asked us.

"No. They'd just get distracted and we need everyone to be focused and ready," I said and Hiccup nodded. 

"Astrid!" Stormfly called out. "Lagoon and Valka want to speak with you."

"Coming!" I called back.

"Wait. You remember the basics right?" Hiccup asked.

"Yes! Of course, I do." I retorted. 

"Show me." I rolled my eyes.

"Yes. No. G-go. Wa-it. Fly." Delta stared at me.

"You've been learning Dragonease?"

I nodded. "Hiccup got it into his head that Heather and I should know some words. He figured it was possible after his Drago disaster."

"Hey! That wasn't a disaster. Sure he caught me and all. But, we easily escaped." Hiccup retorted.

"Sure it wasn't. Anyway, I need to talk to your mothers."

Stormfly picked me up and flew me to Valka and Lagoon.

"Astrid! We thought you weren't going to come!" Lagoon said.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"We want to know if after this war you want to stay here or go back to Berk."

I stared at them, "I don't know. I never really thought about it."

"Astrid, it's okay. I understand your struggle, but Lagoon and aren't sure if anyone is going back to Berk."

"What do you mean?"

"It's not safe for your people to go back until there is absolute peace. That is if you want to continue living with dragons."

"And winning this war won't lead to absolute peace. It is better for the dragons to live here. But, it is up to Stoick, me, and whoever is the future chief or chieftess to decide whether we stay or go back."

"I think... We should stay. I agree it is better for the dragons and Hiccup won't leave. I want to stay with him and Stormfly. So if you are asking me whether I'm staying or going back. I'm going to stay." Lagoon and Valka smiled at me.

"That's good to hear."

"Very."

Delta's POV

We were leaving in ten minutes. Under the cover of darkness. We would hopefully be covered by fog when we arrived tomorrow morning.

"This is it! This is the fight for our lives! We will win! Because we are strong and are smart and we are fighting for our children. We are fighting for our future generations! We are fighting for a better future! Who's with me!!!!" Sky shouted.