Fish makes us Understand

Okay from now on the POV of the male Night Fury at the dragon haven is going to be shown as '???'s POV '.

Eclipse's POV

I woke up and remembered the strange Night Fury that had shown up. Ugh, I messed up so bad.

I stretched and walked out of the cave only to find him trying to push a giant block of ice with his wings. Keyword, trying. "What are you doing?" I asked him.

No response, "Hey, look I'm sorry for yesterday. I was over-excited. Can we start over?"

He stopped doing whatever he was doing and walked over to me he eyed me suspiciously, I sighed, "Look I'm not trying to get close to you that way. I really just want to try to be friends. I really am sorry, especially since I'm not usually like that."

He nodded, "I'll give you a second chance, just please give me some space to breathe."

"Deal." He smiled. "If you'd like Mist and I could give you a tour around the Haven and nearby islands because you'll probably be here for a while."

"I don't plan to be, but it wouldn't hurt."

I saw Mist come up while Mr. Self-absorbed continued to try to push the ice block. "What is going on?"

I gave the male a look, "Oh, him? Well, Mr. Push-myself-until-my-wings-don't-work-anymore is attempting to push a giant block of ice because he thinks that he needs to strengthen his wings."

"I heard that Miss. I-like-to-poke-my-nose-into-other-dragon's-business." The male retorted and I gave him a death glare.

"Well, I see you're on speaking terms. But, seriously Mr. Push-myself-until-my-wings-don't-work-anymore?"

"Well, we don't know his name so I'm just going to call him whatever I feel like."

"And I'll call you Miss. I'm-so-full-of-myself."

I rolled my eyes at him, "Anyway... I volunteered the two of us to give him a tour of the Haven and our surrounding islands."

"Great... Let's go."

Five hours later

Mist's POV

"...and this is our favourite island!" I declared.

"Why?"

"Because of..." I walked up to our secret cave and pulled aside the vines, "This!"

"It's a cave? With a pond in it?"

"No! It's a secret tunnel to the sea!" Eclipse shouted.

"And... why is that a good thing?"

"Because Mr. Know-it-all, you can use it to escape without your enemies finding you, duh!" She told him.

"And you, Miss. Perfect... You are right about everything." He said sarcastically and Eclipse feigned hurt.

Eclipse gasped and jokingly said, "My poor, poor, soul. It is dying! You've slain it! I shall never be happy again!" 

"No! Not your soul! What will you ever do without it?" He continued to joke.

"I shall die of a broken heart!" Eclipse said.

"And I... I am going to vomit!" They both looked at me and laughed whole-heartedly.

"The Haven is beautiful. How long has it been here?"

"No-one really knows. Well... except the King. He knows because he made it. But, if I were to make a guess, I'd say... around 50 years," I told him.

"Woah! That's a long time!" He said while peering into a pond.

Eclipse was about to say something when he jumped into the pond and created a huge splash, sending up many, many fish and a lot of water. The water and fish went everywhere, including mine and Eclipse's faces. He spread his wings and a lot of the fish that had flown into the air landed in his wings.

 He looked back grinning then saw us soaked in water, "Oops! I'm so sorry!" I flung a fish at him with my tail and he caught it. We gaped at him. "What!? I said I'm sorry!" He whined.

"How did you catch that fish?" I asked. He dumped the fish on the sand and shrugged.

He then started sorting them into piles based on the type of fish. Sometimes he'd notice one moving and stab it with his claw. When he was done he nodded and said, "Want some?"

Eclipse was about to say no when she caught sight of the Icelandic cod and she nodded vigorously. The Night Fury seemed to notice what her eyes had snagged on because he tossed the entire pile towards her. Eclipse smiled contentedly and dug into the fish.

 I shook my head, but he tossed me the pile of Halibut. No-one knew that I loved Halibut, not even Eclipse and I would've mistaken it for an accident if I hadn't looked at him and found him smiling at me.

He's been here one day and he already knows how much I love Halibut. How?

???'s POV

I had seen the way Mist looked at the one pile of fish even if it had only been for the briefest of seconds. She had shaken her head and I knew she was only being polite so I tossed her the pile of dark brown, giant, flat, fish anyway.

I was making my way through the other fish when my eyes snared on one pile, "Hey, what kind of fish is that?" I asked and pointed to the grey fish with a dark grey stripe down the back.

"That one?" Eclipse asked through a mouthful of fish and pointed to the same pile with a confused look on her face. I nodded. "They're haddock."

"Haddock?"

"That's what I said. Haddock. Why d'you ask?"

"No reason, just curious." But for some reason, the name haddock wouldn't leave me alone and I kept thinking about it for the rest of the day.

Lagoon's POV

Yesterday my eldest daughter had come and yelled at me. She had yelled at me for letting my family begin to fall apart. And I felt awful because it was true. 

You've had enough time to mourn, Lagoon. Get up and fix this mess. Make the family happy again. Become happy again.

That's what I want to do, but I can't remember what happy feels like. What it feels like to laugh, to smile.

I walked out of the cave and got a salmon in the face. When I wiped it off I saw everyone pointing at Darkstar except Delta and Darkstar who were pointing at Sky.

I saw a bunch of fish near me and I pushed them in front of me then, with my tail, I flung them at everyone and laughed. My first laugh in weeks. Maybe months.

They all gaped at me after the wiped the fish from their faces and after seeing that I had more ready they started smiling and started flinging them at me.

I couldn't give up hope, yet. If I did then I would miss the rest of my family become older, wiser, and stronger. No. This was not a time to fall apart. This was a time when we needed each other more than ever. A time when we needed to laugh and smile more to get past this to keep going. This was not a time to give up.

Because, family stays together. 

Always.