Too close

This is about ten minutes after Heather and Astrid left the hunter ship.

Eclipse's POV

We were flying through a beautiful group of islands. The trees were all starting to grow leaves and sprout flowers.

"You know, I feel like the world is reborn in Spring," I said with a sigh.

The other two looked at me in confusion.

"What? I love Spring! And after all the cold snow of Winter just having it be so warm with all these colours makes it seem as if the world was just suddenly reborn!"

"Honestly. My favourite season is Winter." Mr. Night Fury said.

"Why?" Mist asked.

"Because I love the feel of snow beneath my paws. I love how it looks after a snowfall when no-one has disturbed the snow. How it looks as if everything is frozen in time. And the trees look beautiful when they're covered in ice. Winter is just an untamable beauty. How about you Mist?"

"Me? Well... I can't choose. I love the untamable beauty of Winter. I love the warmth of Summer when you can glide over the ocean and touch of water when it's the perfect temperature. I love the reds, oranges and yellows of Fall. And I love the rebirth of the world in Spring. I can't choose."

"That's an interesting way to look- Do you smell that?" Mr. Fury asked.

Mist and I sniffed the air and my nose was assaulted by the tang of ashes and fire.

I looked around for what could be burning and saw a plume of smoke forming on the horizon, "There!" I called and headed towards the destruction.

We then flew over a completely destroyed boat. There was a symbol on a flag, "Viggo." Mr. Fury growled.

"What?" Mist and I asked at the same time.

"We need to go! That's the lead dragon hunter down there. If he so much as sees us, he'll try and capture us. I've faced him before and was never able to outsmart him. Not once."

We flew away and headed West.

Heather's POV

We'd finally gotten to my cave and I realized that Astrid looked as if she hadn't eaten in days.

"Stormfly, did they feed her on the ship?" Stormfly just shrugged.

"I don't believe they did. Ryker-dude said something about her being hungry."

"Windshear can you go get some fish, please? And water?"

She nodded.

I started making sure that Astrid was okay other than a lack of food.

I found something that shocked me, "Ummm, Stormfly...?"

"What?"

"Could you bring me the medical bag? Like, really quickly?"

Stormfly seemed to pick up on the fact that I was scared cause she started frantically looking around the cave. Suddenly she froze, "Heather... It's not here."

"By all the gods! I left it on Windshear!"

"Heather, what's wrong with Astrid?"

I lifted up the side of Astrid's shirt to show a massive cut that was openly bleeding going down her side.

"This is not good! This is not good! This is really bad!"

"You don't say!"