Delta

Delta's POV

I was in my dragon form. It had become my usual, while my human form hardly ever made an appearance.

I stretched out.

I was sitting at th edge of the entrance to the Hidden World staring at the sunrise.

*flashback*

I saw Hiccup sitting beside me he was staring far off into the distance, lost in some thought that was probably as complicated as him and for a second I thought that he was there with me. That was until I walked up and brushed his wing with mine without moving and realized it was a memory. He turned and smiled sadly at me.

We sat in silence, "What are you thinking?" I had asked him.

He told me everything. How he was afraid to lose me and how he wanted to enjoy our last bit of time together.

Then I was hit by another memory,

It was the next day and we were in the same spot. But, this time we were watching the sunrise together.

I asked him to come back with me and he was hesitant which didn't shock me at all.

*end of flashbacks*

Later I knew he would tell me that he was coming.

Then the tears came. Tears that I hadn't felt since his death. I hadn't shed a single tear since I'd heard the news. Not even during his funeral. But, now... Now... I finally accepted it. 

Hiccup was gone. He was gone. I had lost him. He'd sworn to protect me even at the cost of his own life and he'd done just that. He'd done more than that. He'd given up everything to protect our family.

I had known he was gone this whole time. For the past year and almost 11 months and it was only now that I had watched this sunrise that it made me realize I'd never see him again until I entered Valhalla.

After a half-hour, I dried my tears and flew towards his cave.

I stayed there for an hour before I decided it was time to go out and see everyone. After all, Astrid, Heather, Stormfly, and Windshear were only staying for a few more days.

I flew past Darkstar on the way. He was with Heather. I wouldn't have given it a second thought if he hadn't... hugged her. Hugged her as he had when I'd told him I loved him. Like when he had comforted me after Hiccup died. I felt everything stop.

I saw them let go of each other before Heather pushed Darkstar away while smiling. He smiled back at her.

I felt my sadness turn to unending rage. I shot a plasmablast at them and flew away in a huff. 

I will never forgive him. I wouldn't even if I lived to be one thousand years old.

Darkstar's POV

Heather started to push me off to find Delta when I heard a plasmablast get charged. I looked up to see Delta hovering above us with a look of anger, determination, disbelief and sadness.

I then realized that she was the one charging the blast. I only had just enough time to cover Heather with my wing before Delta let go of the blast and sent up dust and stone.

By the time the debris cleared Heather and I were coughing and Delta was gone.

I checked that Heather was okay before flying after Delta.