Soulmates

???'s POV

I'd been at the haven for almost a year now. Eclipse had grown on me, but most certainly not in any sort of romantic way. She, Mist and I had become close friends.

We were looking for rocks, our favourite pass-time. It also helped with my wing strengthening. 

We just happened to be right near the middle of the haven when a couple of Nadders started doing the mating dance. All of the dragons nearby stopped and watched.

I saw the male Nadder ask the female to be his mate and then I stopped seeing them and the haven.

*flashback*

"...Astrid. I love you and I always will. Will honour me in the greatest way possible and marry me?"

I was looking up at a beautiful blonde-haired girl as I asked that question. I somehow knew that married meant to-be-mated. 

Then I remembered tackling her in a cove somewhere.

Then in a beautiful world and I felt tears falling down my face as I looked at her with love, "I promise I'll always find you again, Astrid. Even if it takes every second of every day of our entire lives. Even if we're a thousand worlds apart. I will find you. I promise on my soul," I told her.

I saw a hundred days all in a series of moments and I knew why I knew I would never feel love towards anyone here. I knew why I would always find her. I knew without anyone saying that she and I were attached in a way I'd never felt before.

Her name is Astrid and I love her.

I was snapped from my visions by Mist.

"Hey, hey, what's going on?" Mist asked.

I felt the tears run down my face, "Astrid." I whispered her name and it felt right to say it. She is my world and I'd find her.

"Astrid?" Mist asked.

"I'm leaving, tomorrow. I have to find her."

Eclipse walked up, "What's happening?"

"He's leaving tomorrow. Who's Astrid?" Mist said.

"She's my soon-to-be-mate. I promised I'd always find her again, I promised I would. Even if it took every second of every day of our lives. We'd find each other."

"So there are other Night Furies!" Eclipse said excitedly.

I shook my head. "Astrid isn't a Night Fury."

"Then what is she?" Mist asked curiously.

"She's human. But I don't understand. How could we fall for each other if she's human and I'm a dragon? It doesn't work."

The other two looked at each other and shrugged.

3 weeks later

Astrid's POV

"...Astrid..." I woke up to a whisper. 

"Oh good, you're up," Toothless said.

"So when are we going to go?"

"Yeah, about that..."

"Spit it out," I growled at him in dragonease. It was one of the sentences I knew how to say in dragonease.

"I hate it when you do that. It makes you sound scary and have more authority than me."

I glared at him.

"Fine... I'm done. I can't keep looking for him, Astrid. I wanted to believe with all of my heart that he was out there. I want to. But... How can I keep hoping if I feel this hopelessness."

"Well, you know what, Toothless. You know what he told me once. Once when I hardly knew him. When I didn't even know his full name. He told me that, even if you lived a thousand worlds apart you would find each other eventually. That you'd spend every second of your lives looking for each other. He told me he knew that deep down. And you want to give up."

"He said that?"

"Yes! You think I'd lie about that?"

"No. But, it hurts. I just can't do it anymore!"

"Fine! Suit yourself! Let's go, Stormfly!" I jumped on her and we flew off without looking back.

Toothless's POV

I watched them leave. Did he really say that? Well... it's too late. He's gone and I'll never see him again.

I turned, my mind made, and headed to the one place I could call home, the Hidden World.

1 week later

Dreamchaser's POV

"Huoy up, Shaowfost! We go to 'eally cool place!"

"I's come, Deam! No's faio you's bigges me!"

I ignored him. Shadowfrost, Stardust and I were going to this super awesome place I'd found yesterday. It had all this amber lying around and a ton of cool white rocks that I'd never seen before.

We finally arrived at the really cool place, "Da da! We's heoe!"

"Wow!" My cousins said in awe.

"I's know! So's awesome!"

We immediately started exploring and found some amazing caves that were so big and awesome. The farther we went into the cool place the more amber and white rocks there were.

"Woah's! Wat tat?" Stardust asked while pointing to a giant dragon.

"Itsa dagon! Hewo Miseo. Dagon!" I said and walked up to it, "You's live heoe?"

The dragon woke up and looked at us it stood up spread it's butterfly-like wings and then shot gold-coloured stuff at us. 

"Miseo. Dagon, no nice! I's stuck!" I shouted and the dragon rolled its eyes.

The dragon leaned down and opened its giant mouth and I saw razor-sharp teeth.

Sky's POV

Where is Dream? Ugh, I should've known teaching her to fly would cause trouble.

I suddenly caught a whiff of her scent and immediately followed it. Now I was no tracker class dragon. But a mother always seems to be able to find her hatchling.

I followed it and got a growing sense of dread in my stomach.

"Of course..." I said when I found where'd she'd flown, "She had to choose Death Songs."

Most dragons stayed clear of this section of the Hidden World, but there were a few who accidentally wandered in here. And pretty much the only ones who ever came back out were the alphas.

I finally saw my daughter along with her two cousins, *groans*, caught in amber... and a Death Song about to swallow my daughter whole.

I let out a ferocious roar that echoed through the valley. I heard many Death Songs crawl into their caves. And the one standing over my daughter flattened its ears and backed up.

I growled at the Death Song and, he coward away from me.

I glared at the Death Song and then I heard the amber explode. I turned and started growling at... Toothless. For a second, I was shocked and then I started growling at him, again. I told the Death Song to leave before I decided against sparing him.

He swiftly ran away.

"Shadowfrost, Stardust, Dreamchaser, head back to Peace and Streak, NOW. I have some business to attend to."   

They left even faster than the Death Song.

Toothless gave me a hopeful smile. I just hit him with my tail before flying after my daughter.