Grimmel and Drago

Hiccup's POV

Toothless and I had been searching for any sign of Grimmel.

I had told Toothless about the plan. We would attack silently. Go invisible so he wouldn't see us coming. Then divebomb him with plasmablasts and claws and teeth.

Suddenly, Toothless perked up. "This way!"

We took off and sure enough, we saw Grimmel. But, he wasn't alone. He had Peace.

"What do we do?" Toothless asked me.

"You distract him. I'll knock him off of her while he is trying to catch you. Use the lightning if you need to. Just don't get caught."

"Okay. Be careful. Don't let him spot you."

We split up. I flew up to the clouds and turned invisible. Toothless continued a low sweep.

I saw him shoot right up in front of Grimmel. Making Peace falter.

Toothless swerved to the side as one of Grimmel's darts shot at him. Toothless leading him into a game of cat and mouse. Or in this case Fury hunter and Night Fury.

All was going well until Toothless swerved left and I saw Darkstar appear. Grimmel grinned at the fact that now he could down two more Furies.

After another few minutes of now, more coordinated flying Darkstar and Toothless managed to turn him into a dive. I dropped. Peace tried to pull up, but Grimmel kept her diving after Toothless. They pulled up and I shifted.

I just managed to knock Grimmel off of Peace as he shot a dart at Toothless and finally hit.

I saw that Peace was wearing a strange head muzzle. I unlatched it and she shook her head. "Peace, Darkstar. Save Toothless. I'll take care of Grimmel."

They nodded and I let go. Grimmel was shocked. He ripped my wings on my armour. But, it wasn't going to do anything. I grinned and just as I was about to hit the water I shifted.

He nearly lost his grip and almost slipped into the ocean. Fine! We'll do this the hard way.

I started doing barrel rolls, trying to shake him off. I flew through the water and up into the clouds then dropped flew through the water again while doing more barrel rolls.

Then I saw it. A cliff. Huge and steep. Grimmel was on my tail now.

I'd just fly straight at the cliff and then flick him off.

I flew at my top speed and then right as I was about to fly up my tail wings closed.

I flew into the cliff and for a moment I saw a bright light, for a second I saw everything in my life happen in quick succession and I thought about how my life was worth it, for their freedom. For Toothless. Then nothing, but black as the ocean wrapped itself around me.

Astrid's POV

I was incredibly worried about Hiccup. I hadn't seen him since this morning when the war started. 

I saw him immediately go fly, presumably looking for Toothless.

At about noon I saw Drago making a hasty attempt to flee the devastation on the back of a Timberjack who was wearing a strange thing around its head.

I had instantly gone in search of Delta. Now we were flying to confront Drago and hopefully to end the war.

"Astrid, do you think we'll get there in time?" Delta asked me.