Saving Mist

???'s POV

The minute I saw Mist get struck by that arrow I started seeing a village full of people and dragons living together as one.

And somehow I knew exactly which way to go.

Eclipse had dived to catch Mist and was now evening out. I saw Eclipse crying and I didn't hear her say anything until I caught up.

"There's still hope." Eclipse said when she met my gaze.

"I know where to go."

"Where?"

"It's an island. I can't remember its name. But I do remember it being a dragon sanctuary. Where people and dragons live in harmony."

"How is that possible?"

"I don't know. But I visited often. My to-be-mate lives there."

"Are you sure it's good?"

"Yes."

"And you know the way?"

"Yes."

"Then why are we wasting time let's go!"

I sped up and flew North.

Eclipse and I took turns holding Mist. Luckily it seemed that this place was only an hour's flight away.

"There!" I shouted when I saw the place I had remembered.

"You sure? It doesn't look very populated."

"It looks..."

"Abandoned."

"Okay, maybe someone is here. Let's land in the middle of the town and ask for help."

"Good idea. If this doesn't work though... I don't think Mist will survive."

I looked at Mist and realized that she was right, this is Mist's last hope.

We landed and Eclipse seemed exhausted. Probably from carrying Mist.

I let out the loudest roar possible, in hopes that someone from here would hear it and come to Mist's aid.

I waited a few minutes and was about to roar again when I heard running footsteps to the left of me.

There was a gasp and I saw a boy somewhat younger than me walk forward.

"Can you help our friend?" I asked.

"What happened to her?" The boy asked pointing to Mist.

"She was hit by an arrow," I said and pointed to the arrow wound.

"You don't need to gesture. I can understand you. But, come. I believe the healer's hut may still have some supplies left over." Eclipse pushed Mist onto my back and I had to spread my wings a bit to keep her from falling off.

"So what is your name?" Eclipse asked.

"Hey! Why are you so much more polite to him than you were to me when we first met?"

"I've already explained that, Mr. Butt-head."

"Well, explain again, Ms. Full-of-herself."

"No."

"Are you two mates or something?"

"Ewwww! No!" Eclipse and I said.