Chapter 35

Cara P.O.V.

The trip to L.A. was eye-opening, but I know for a fact that I did not like being away from the apartment. No one could pull me away from the safety and cleanliness of my apartment. I don't care what five-star hotel you bring me to, but it will never meet my standards. I slept in a sleeping bag at the hotel because I did not want to touch the sheets of my bed. The maid thought I was a weirdo. 

The first thing I did when I came home was to look for Hannah. I can't believe I'm the type of person to miss someone that much. I was gone for barely three days, but somehow it felt like forever. She wasn't there to talk to me or hold me and it felt empty.

I wanted to surprise Hannah when I came home, but unfortunately, she wasn't there.  I remember the times I would be so ecstatic to have the apartment to myself. I know it wasn't that long ago, but now I wonder how I could stand it?

I left my luggage in front of the laundry area and made my way to the bathroom. I washed my hands and went to my room to grab my robe and a towel. Airplane rides always made me feel dirty. Even though it was a private plane, I still couldn't get over that feeling. I need a nice hot shower and then I am going to bed.

I made my way to the bathroom and placed my robe and towels on the rack. I settled my phone on the counter as I slipped out of my clothes and placed them in the laundry basket. I headed toward the shower and I ran the water. I always liked listening to music while I was showering. I haven't done it much since Hannah moved in. Since she wasn't here it was a good time to play something. I loved listening to something melancholic and Miso's "take me" was a good fit.

I got into the shower and quickly turned the heat up. Once the hot water made contact with my skin, I could feel the fatigue melting as my body relaxed. It felt amazing. For a few moments, I stood underneath the showerhead with my eyes closed. The hot water washed away any griminess I felt from my trip. It felt so good to be home and I don't want to leave for a long time. I hummed along to the song as I grabbed a bottle of shampoo and slathered it onto my hair.

A place where worries and lies cannot see me. That would be wonderful. I loved the lyrics of the song. Even though the song was sad, the beats made you want to groove to it. I could feel myself starting to sway as I massaged my head. There was something about being in a shower that energized you. I rinsed the shampoo from my hair as I was getting myself fully immersed in the song. I immediately stopped in my tracks when I heard the shower door slide open. I glanced over my shoulder and saw Hannah standing behind me.

I turned fully around with my hand out to wave at her when she pulled me into a long kiss.

"I was worried about you," Hannah finally stated once she pulled away from me.

"I was going to say the same to you," I answered. "Where were you?"

"I just came back from the gym," Hannah said as she looked down at me with a giant grin on her face.

"Makes sense," I said with a nod. At that moment it hit me that we were both naked and having a conversation like it was the most normal thing. I must have had a strange expression on my face because she let out a giggle.

"I missed you so much." She placed her hand on my cheek as she pulled me into another kiss.

We kissed and kissed underneath the showerhead. Each kiss I could feel the want and the need from Hannah. We were apart during a situation where there were still unresolved issues. We didn't have the conversations we should have. It was our first time away from each other for an extended period. There was so much to discuss... and do.

Hannah pressed me against the smooth tiles of the shower as I pulled her closer to me. I could feel my eyes flutter closed as her lips trailed down my jaw, toward my neck. I involuntarily gasp as her fingers found their way between my legs.