Chapter 39

Cara's P.O.V.

I held my coat tightly against my body in order to keep the cold away. I was slightly regretting this. In any other situation, I would not be walking out at night. It was not something that I would do. Going out was not my thing, but here I was walking to a lounge that was going to be filled with lots of people and alcohol.

I should have taken a Lyft or an Uber but the Asian in me had to save money. The lounge was only a twelve-minute walk from my apartment. Next time that will not be happening again. It was not worth it to walk in the cold. I was dressed in a blazer and a winter jacket and I was still shivering. I don't know how Amanda could deal with the cold. She was dressed in a long trench coat that barely covered her knees and strappy heels.

"Next time I'm not letting you convinced me that we should walk," Amanda said through clenched teeth. She was walking like she was giving herself a hug.

"Well next time wear more clothes," I suggested. "We're almost there."

"You don't get fashion," Amanda replied. "Although you did a pretty good job at dressing up."

"Thanks." I was dressed in a black turtle neck, black dress pants with patent leather oxfords. My burgundy blazer was the only thing that gave my outfit some color. My time in L.A. and dating a model has made me more aware of my fashion sense. Before I didn't really care as much because all I did was stay inside or go to the grocery store. All I wore were athletic wear. Now I'm starting to see how fun fashion can be.

As we walked in silence a passer-by dropped something as she walked passed us.

"Excuse me ma'am, you dropped something." I stopped and called out to the lady. She was very tall and it was not because of the heels. Her toned maple color legs was about half my height.

The lady turned around and looked on the ground before picking up the small item that was wrapped in fabric. "Thank you." A booming deep voice came out and my eyes widened in shock.

"Or sir," I muttered.

Amanda watched the whole interaction with amusement.

"Honey, for the right price I can be whatever you want me to be." The person said with a wink.

"How much?" Amanda's lips curved into a grin.

"I'm sorry, no thank you!" I grabbed Amanda by the arm and dragged her away before the person could respond.

"Calm down, Cara." Amanda pulled my hand off her arm after we reached a good distance away.

"What is wrong with you!" I was certain that she was crazy.

"I was just curious," Amanda said with a shrug.

"Curiosity killed the cat, so stop being curious!" I could feel my voice rising.

"You are such a buzzkill," Amanda stated with a roll of her eyes.

"Just tone it down," I said. "I don't want to get into uncomfortable situations."

"Like that is going to happen," Amanda said skeptically.

"With you, anything can happen," I retorted.

"Fine, I will tone it down since it is your birthday," Amanda said. "Did you unwrap my gift yet."

"Yes, it was very thoughtful of you," I said. "I was looking to buy a massager. Although I have never seen one that looks like that before."

Amanda burst out laughing.

I stared at her in confusion for a few moments before I realized that there was something off about the gift she gave me. "What did you actually give me?"