Chapter # 7

Taylor's POV

With a mouth full of sushi, I looked around the quiet restaurant. I loved Chinatown and I loved sushi. The only thing I didn't love was the hungry but desperate look that was being thrown across the table at me, like I was supposed to catch it and patch it up. As if I could make it all better with a quick kiss. As if.

I looked anywhere but across from me, admiring the spiraling lines and thick tan swirls of the wallpaper to the exquisite red bell shaped lamps hanging from the ceiling over each dark oak table where couples and family sat, talking, laughing, flirting. Just being.

How could I even begin to pretend to be anything like them? I was so unhappy and unsure. I couldn't smile and laugh and hang onto Jason's every last word like I used to.

It would be in vain and I would be pulling him down further and further until he was at the bottom of the ocean with no oxygen supply. I would be drowning Jason. I would crush him with the weight of my lies just like water would crush him if he were to truly stand at the bottom of the ocean.

I would kill him.

I grabbed his tiny cup full of green wasabi paste and dipped my sushi into it, gathering almost a fourth of the contents and shoving the whole thing in my mouth before taking my water bottle from the table and pouring it in my mouth, chewing and swallowing at the same time, looking like a chipmunk, surely.

He took his wasabi from my hand, frowning and looking at me scoldingly. "Taylor cut it out, you're embarrassing me!" He hissed under his breath. I turned and noticed an elderly couple was staring at me with disgusted looks on their faces.

I smiled at them, raw fish and green wasabi paste and all. After they turned away, I swallowed and picked seaweed out of my teeth.

"Jesus, Taylor, you're being a slob, stop it!" He muttered, putting his head in his hand. I sighed. "Jason, maybe you shouldn't spoil me with sushi just to have the sex talk." He rolled his eyes.

"I didn't bring you out here to spoil you with sushi and talk to you about sex. It happens to be our 18 month anniversary and I just wanted to show you how much I love and appreciate you."

I choked on air then, gagging and sputtering and he got up and stood behind me, patting my back. Once I was done with my choking fit, he sat back down. "That's today?" He nodded, sighing.

I felt terrible. I had bought him tickets to see his favorite baseball team for their first game of the season, and I had been so sure that our 18 month was two weeks from now.

"Shit...shit, shit, shit,"

"Taylor, you're not making this easy, can you try to be lady-like?" I looked up at him and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry," I muttered. He shook his head.

"I know you have been stressed and pissed at me lately because I keep pressuring you for sex, but I want you to know that I'm sorry about that. I'm a horny teenager and sometimes I think with my...well, you know, but I got you something."

He pulled a tiny black gift bag from under the table, and set it in front of me. I reluctantly opened it to reveal a white jewelry box.

Inside the box was what terrified me.

"Jas-" he shook his head. "I know how much you hate jewlery," I sighed and opened it anyway.

Inside was a silver charm bracelet, with pom-poms, a soccer ball, a gaming controller, and a laptop. I smiled. "Its so cute." I said.

"I'm glad you like it." He aid, sounding tired. I put the box down and looked at my hands. I didn't deserve him. No matter how many times I told myself that, I just couldn't tell him.