Chapter # 14

Taylor's POV

When I arrived at Jordan's apartment, Talia looked a little weary. I understood why, I mean, it was on the bad side of town and it looked run down and crappy, but he was trying to move out. He just needed more money. 

"Who's Jordan again?" She asked, getting out of the car. I turned to her smiling. "Hannah's boyfriend." She only nodded. "Her parents are always going away on missions in Africa, so she used to stay at mine usually, but then she met Jordan and now she practically lives with him." 

"Missions?" She asked as we walked side by side to the apartment stairs. "Yeah, they're missionaries. He dad used to be a preacher but then decided about ten years ago he wanted to spread the lovely word of god or whatever, so he dropped her at mine, unbeknownst to him that my mother was never really there, and packed up his shit and left." 

She nodded. "That's so weird." She whispered, more to herself. I laughed. "I wouldn't really believe it, I mean, last month she found an old tourists travel map from the Bahamas. I don't think anyone at the Bahamas needs saving. Not necessarily." 

She turned on me. "Why must every rich brat I know be completely abandoned by their parents?" She asked me with a smile on her lips and amusement in her voice. I grabbed her around the waist and pulled her close to me. 

"Are you talking about me?" She nodded. I laughed and leaned in to her, kissing her briefly on the neck before pulling away and ascending the stairs. 

I can't believe the balls I had to do that. It just felt so good to let go for a while and be who I wanted and kiss who I wanted. I'm sure Talia understood as she bounded up the stairs beside me. I was being touchy, but to no objections. 

We got to his door and I knocked. It was pulled open by an excited looking Hannah. She wore a holey, too big T-shirt that probably belonged to Jordan and a pair of red plaid boxers. She opened her arms wide and I rolled my eyes and hugged her.

"Tequila night!" She squealed. She looked behind me and smiled widely. "Talia! Hey girl! I heard about what happened at the party, I'm so sorry! And I loved the sweater, it's so cute!" She pulled Talia into a hug as well.

When we were inside the apartment, I looked around. "Where's Jordan?" I asked. "In here," a low voice sounded from the kitchen. I went to the kitchen and caught sight of him at the stove. He was cooking. 

Jordan was alternative. He wore dark clothes and listened to really dark crap. His hair was long, pulled into a low ponytail now, and he wore black sweats and a black band t-shirt. 

He used to wear these god awful fingerless gloves but after Hannah told him nobody would care about the two thick pink scares on his wrists, he had stopped. 

Our little group took to him well. We all loved him. He was nice and he made our Hannah happier than a little girl at Disneyland. 

He turned to smile at me. "Hey. Did you bring Jason?" 

"No. We're fighting. I brought someone better than Jason." He lifted an eyebrow. "Who?" Almost on time, Talia and Hannah entered the room laughing and talking amongst themselves. 

He turned to me. "Talia McKenzie?" He asked. "How do you know her?" I asked. "She's your valedictorian, right?" I nodded. "But you graduated last year." He shrugged. "I did go to school with you guys. I think I have the right to know people." I rolled my eyes at his attitude. 

"Well anyway, why'd you bring her?" I shrugged, staring at her now as she helped cut limes with Hannah, fitting in so well in her oversized Brown University sweatshirt and her brown hair with the two out of place blue streaks in it fell down around her shoulders and back in a curtain. Her tanned skin looked almost pale today, and it made me sad to think she was sick with something. Maybe that thing with Nicks had shaken her up more than I thought.