Chapter # 8

At first, I'd had no intention to attend this drab high school party. Although I thought it had been awfully sweet of Taylor to invite me, I had thought I would have better things to do than dance and act as if I had left me brain at home.

But then Lucas called and I had picked up for the first time in one whole day and he made to apologize--one of the things I never accept, along with drugs and grades lower than an 'A'--and I felt it was my duty to make him beg and hurt over it because as it turned out, I had bruises along my neck to ache over and cover with water proof concealer.

So now I'm standing on the doorstep of a beautifully done modern retake on a suburban home. Much nicer than my house, a two story, four bedroom, two and a half bathroom with an undersized garage and a creepy, moist old basement.

I should drop the last ditch effort present on the 'Welcome All' mat and leave before things get serious and she opens the door. I have never gone to a party and I have never taken a drink in my life. Now I was expected to do both in one night? I wasn't even sure I knew how to dance properly. I don't mean proper like cleanly, I mean like what all the kids are doing these days--twerking. I shuddered and made up my mind.

I would go home and watch Netflix instead.

But the door opened and a girl with bright green eyes and curly blonde hair stepped out laughing and giggling, dressed in a plush pink rob with a light spread of makeup on her face.

She almost run me over before noticing I was there. She stopped dead in her tracks and squealed. I thought it would be out of disdain, but then she grinned widely.

"Oh! You're Talia! Taylor told me she invited you, although she was really worried you wouldn't show." I smiled at her, even though I felt like puking from nerves. I knew I should have never come. I don't know why I even thought that I could be normal and go to a party that Taylor—the head cheerleader would go to. God knows I don't belong here. "Yep, that's me...I didn't think I would be able to make it, but here I am..." I trailed off as her smile widened, if possible, and she grabbed my arm and pulled me inside. She turned, hand still on my arm and shouted, "Girls! There's another guest down here!" She turned back around and put her hand over her heart.

"Gosh, you must think I'm so dense, I forget to tell you my name." I hadn't been thinking that, but I smiled anyway. "I'm Hannah, but most of my friends call me Han. Here let me take your bag." I forgot I had a bag on my arm, but now that she had said something, I felt stupid for just standing there.

There was laughter and footsteps heard from upstairs, and then four girls erupted from a room with a white door with pink hearts on it. They were all, in fact, blonde. They all wore pink robes, and one of them had her hair in a bun, soccer pants on, and a huge smile on her face. Taylor.

My heart pounded as my eyes landed on her. I had to get a freaking grip. "Oh, is that for me?" Hannah asked as the girls shuffled down the stairs, pushing and shoving and laughing. "Oh, yeah...sorry, I don't know what you like, so I just bought...what I thought you'd like."

I bought her a sweater from Forever 21 because that's what girls liked, right? Sweaters and Forever 21? "Don't be silly, I'll love it. It's the thought that counts." I smiled and nodded and she turned. "I'll put this with the others on the gift table. Girls, introduce yourselves."

"Hey Talia, glad you could make it," Taylor said as she stepped in front of the girls, who were looking me over, as if considering if I could be let into their little blonde squad. "This is Heather—she pointed to a curvy girl with straight honey blonde hair and glasses—this is Gina—a thin girl with wavy shoulder length hair—this if Mallory—a girl with bleach blond hair that fell down past her waist—and you already know me."