•13•

You stepped carefully down the stairs from your room, just to be greeted by your parents, who were sitting on the sofa while holding a luggage in each of their hands

Ah, they are already leaving.

They looked like they were ready to go out, seemed like they will stay over at a hotel for your dad's friend's wedding for a few days.

Maybe they will stay longer, who knows?

Both of your parents, more like your mom, was looking intently at you as she dropped her luggage on the floor which produced a loud 'BAAM' sound that filled the living room.

A little confused seeing her action, you took a quite fast steps towards her and stood right in front of her.

Realizing your presence in front of her, she also immediately stood up from the sofa, facing you with enraged eyes.

Her finger was pointing at your empty neck.

"Jung Aeri. Where is your necklace? It's not in your room."

Her voice was filled with anger and there was also a hint of uneasiness.

Oops.

You just remembered the fact that you lost the necklace to Jaemin and forgot to take it back from him.

Not meeting your mom's eyes, you spoke softly, in hope that she will be less angry to you.

"I.. lost it.."

Your voice wavered in nervousness after hearing hers.

A smack was received by you from your mom.

"How could you lose it, after all of those warnings I've told you? Can't you just listen to your mom for once?"

You flinched words after words that was thrown by your mom that was obviously scolding you.

Wait. If Jaemin has it.. Then..

Your heart started to beat faster by seconds after those thoughts suddenly came across your mind.

No. I'll just take it back. Yeah. Yeah.

You tried to calm down your rapid heart, closing your lips firmly as your eyes wandered elsewhere, anywhere other than your mom's figure.

That's when you felt a strong grip on the side of your arms, making you to face your mom shockingly.