Apologies and lunch dates

Midoriya's POV

I woke up slowly, a pulsing pain hammering into my head and an ache in my back and left arm.

What happened? I thought to myself, attempting to sit up.

"Stay down, Deku."

I stilled and looked to my right where my childhood best friend stood.

"K-Kacchan?" I croaked weakly, my eyelids feeling heavy. "W-What happened?"

Kacchan sighed and sat on the bed – my bed – next to me, reaching out and gripping my hand.

"Y-You were trying to prove a point to me and ended up getting hurt. You lost a lot of blood, so you might have a headache for a while." He mumbled.

I sat up despite his orders to stay down when I heard the tone he was using. I hissed as I felt a sting on my wrist, and my eyes widened when I saw the bandage wrapped around it.

"K-Kacchan, please tell me I didn't..."

He looked me in the eyes, his red from crying and looking tired.

"You cut yourself to show me how much it hurts to watch the people you love get hurt," He looked down and stroked his thumb across my palm. "You accidentally cut too deep, and then ended up passing out from shock."

I looked away from his face and down at where our hands were connected, giving his a light encouraging squeeze.

"I'm so sorry, Kacchan." I whispered, leaning forward to rest my chin on his shoulder.

"No," he mumbled, slowly twisting and wrapping his arms around my waist. "I'm sorry, Izuku."

We sat in silence for a minute, enjoying being in each other's embrace.

"Wait," I said, pushing away from him. "What time is it? We have to get to school!"

Kacchan smiled a little and laughed, messing up my hair with his hand. "Of cause that's what you're thinking about, you nerd," he retracted his hand and leaned back on my bed. "I called Mr Aizawa and told him that you had passed out from being severely sleep-deprived, and he allowed us to skip a day of school so that I can look after you and you can recover."

I nodded at his little lie, sighing in relief.

"Thank you, Kacchan."

He looked up and met my eyes. "No, Thank you, Izuku Midoriya."

The rest of the day passed with Kacchan and I getting some much-needed rest, and getting to spend some quality time with each other before the rest of the class comes back from school.

When they did though, nothing could have prepared me for the numerous questions that were thrown my way.

"Midoriya! Are you alright?"

"Deku-kun! What happened?"

"Wow, man! I thought you died because you never skip school!"

"Dude! Where were you today?"

Before I could answer any of their questions, I was pulled away from the group and into a room, which I then recognised as Shouto's.

"Are you okay, Midoriya?" He asked, taking both my hands and leading me to his futon, sitting down.

"Yeah," I replied softly, sitting on his lap and wrapping my arms and legs around him. "I'm okay now, Shouto."

He put his arms around my waist and nuzzled his head into my shoulder.